Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jim Andracki

Jim Andracki

On Monday afternoon I called Jim at Midwest Photo Exchange and placed an order for a
    150mm Nikkor-W lens. Jim had one in stock complete with lens board that I purchased.
    About an hour or so later Jim called me to say that while cleaning the lens before shipping, now that's what I call service, he noticed some sort of "smudge" on one of the internal lens elements. Jim said that it was only visible when the lens was held at a certain angle up to a light source. He told me that he did not feel comfortable selling
    this particular lens becuase he did not know if the defect would affect picture quality. So, instead he offered to substitute a used Rodenstock 150mm in place of the Nikkor. Of course I took him up on his offer for the Rodenstock, not just because it is probably a better lens, but because Jim was so honest about the Nikkor. Jim really went the extra mile to make sure that a customer, me, was treated with the proper amount of respect and care that all customers deserve. Jim could have just as easily sent the potentially defective Nikkor lens to me and have been done with the whole deal. I have dealt with Jim via e-mail in the past and Monday was the first time that I had talked to him in person, and everything that everyone has said about him in the past is true. It was a great pleasure to deal with such an honest and friendly individual who understands what CUSTOMER SERVICE is. I work in a customer service office for the local transit and commuter bus services in Prince William County, Va and I always work hard to make sure that my customers are well taken care of, and I always expect to be treated the same way when I call a company to order or inquire about a product. Jim is a real assest to Midwest Photo, and a true gentleman to boot. I will continue to deal with Midwest because of Jim in the future whenever possible. My hope is that anyone who has not ordered from Midwest will at least try dealing with them at least once. You will not be disappointed.

Re: Jim Andracki

Here, here!

I have had very similar experience while buying Fujinon from Jim. The other time I bought from him used Apo Sironar S 180, if he did not tell me I would be sure it is a new item, like new box with included US warranty. Jim is great person indeed.

Jim is one of the finest purveyors of fun photographic madness. :-)

Jim is the best..Evan Clarke

In many years of doing business with him Jim has never steered me wrong. The LF community is a better place, and we all have better (and more) toys, thanks to Jim.

Kerry

Jim fixed me up with my 8x10 'dorff nearly ten years ago and ever since Midwest has been the first place I'll look for LF gear---even over eBay!

Jim's expertise is second to none and the customer service is truly great. I think that buying from Midwest and a few other quality merchants comes out more cost effective in the long run over eBay, considering the amount of cr@p thats up for auction on the internet, outrageous shipping and "all sales final -no returns" mentality that pervades all too many online auctions. Jim is a genuine resource to the LF community.

Besides He's a great guy!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

I have spoken with and made several purchases from Jim. He has always been straightforward, honest, and most helpful. I have no reservations about working with and look forward to working with Jim and Midwest Photo in the future.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

http://www.nelridge.com

I've purchased new and used gear from Jim over the years and always got great service. Even had the pleasure dealing with Jim face to face at a couple of the View Camera conferences. Midwest is on top of my short list of places to purchase equiptment.

Another salutation for Jim !