Quote Originally Posted by Ole Tjugen View Post
I'm a bit surprised by your difficulties, and wonder if you have the same problem with all focal lengths? I do find it difficult to use lenses of about 90mm and shorter, but that does not improve substantially with a SatinSnow glass! I wear glasses too (-4 both eyes, and lots of astigmatism), and when I plonk a 240mm lens on the camera the BosScreen lights up like a TV screen!
I have 90, 120, 210, and 300mm lenses, and it's not appreciably better or worse with any of them. I was doing some cathedral interior shots with the 90 lately, and it was no better or worse than when I was doing portraits with the 300.

Again, brightness isn't the problem for me. I'd give up the extra brightness of the BosScreen if I could easily see the image with both eyes at the same time, and I could see the image distributed over the whole screen simultaneously. The plain old entry-level ground glass that came with my previous camera was dimmer, but still sufficiently bright. My camera is a monorail, and I have a good darkcloth that I can wrap all the way around, so light leak isn't the issue.

Dave, thanks for the input. I've placed an order for the SatinSnow and I look forward to trying it out.