Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodbye.

Goodbye.

Hello everyone.

I posted this here because it seems as appropriate a forum as any other. I just want to say goodbye to the community here, and wish you all good health and good light. I've enjoyed the many discussions and even the heated debates, but the moderators have made it clear that if I insist on passionate discourse, I'm not welcome, and I'd rather leave on my own accord than be banned like Jorge was. Goodbye, and good luck.

Jay

Re: Goodbye.

Jay don't let them do this to you. I get "yelled" at all the time too.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Jay, I have more info I need to squeeze out of your pores and absorb into my own.. stay. If you need to rant, pm me rather than do it publicly and get in trouble

I'm not familar with your posts, but I can only suggest getting your own Website or a MySpace (or similar) blog site and rant/rave away. Quite a few here do that already, and I do that about irrelevant topics and subjects or simply expressing my view. You can then control who posts what and when. I do that and restrict my views here learning and understanding, and only the occasional rants about politics. Good luck.
    --Scott--

Scott M. Knowles, MS-Geography
    scott@wsrphoto.com

"All things merge into one, and a river flows through it."
    - Norman MacLean

Awe come on Jay, keep your chin up...

Dave Parker
    Satin Snow.

Hi Jay,

I'm not sure Jorge is actually banned anymore. A few days ago, every single one of Jorge's posts had the word "banned" under his name. I see that has disappeared. I also miss Jorge and valued his input. Yes, I could do without some of the ill tempered responses, but Jorge has much to share and a true passion for what he does. He makes you THINK.

The thread that seemed to be the final straw about VC papers and pyro stained negatives has a WEALTH of information. Yes, Jorge, Jay and Sandy are all passionate about their photography and they can disagree with each other, but so can Rosie and "The Donald". Some folks are put off by it, while others find it entertaining. I've yet to see either Rosie or "the Donald" banned from TV, so we should reinstate Jorge if we haven't already.

I also understand that being a moderator of a site like this can be a thankless task. If the moderators are upset by a thread, then they should edit the posts or delete a post if it doesn't add to the discussion. I think someone who has their posts repeatedly edited or deleted would start to get the hint that the behavior needs to change.

Just my 2 cents,

Thank you all for your suggestions and encouragement. I have blogs for my developer formulae, and will eventually have a proper website. I don't consider myself a ranter, rarely participate in religious or political threads, and aside from one or two people here, have little occasion to argue. Unfortunately, the subjects I find most interesting, and to which I have most to contribute attract the person with whom I find it impossible to have a rational discussion. I'm just tired of having my posts locked, and getting private warnings and threats of banishment from the moderators every time I raise my voice. It's just not worth participating here. Thanks again, and be well.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by John Bowen View Post
    ...I think someone who has their posts repeatedly edited or deleted would start to get the hint that the behavior needs to change...
    Without reference to any specific person or persons, mentioned in this thread or not, that's the funniest thing I've read here or on any other forum!

Jorge is a wealth of information when it comes to conventional printing and pt/pd printing....however, it was his constant attacks, name calling, abuse and opinion that everyone else is always wrong and he is right that got him canned. I see that the banning appears removed. Hopefully he can behave himself from now on.

I realize that the moderator's role is unusually thankless. I also realize that posts on the order of "YOU SUCK", "NO YOU SUCK" are not consistent with the ethos we try to maintain here. OTOH, I value the knowledge that certain "highly motivated" posters possess and share here. When I'm appointed Emperor of the Universe J and S will, if not become buds. will at least be mandated to have civil intercourse. I have no idea what presaged the bad blood and I don't really care. As I really respect both parties, I figure it must have been a doozie. And I'm not preaching here.......I figured some of my comments in the Darkroom Magazine thread may have been over zealous (should I check for warnings?), but I still like Marco fine.

The point of these ramblings is that I wish Jay would stay, consistent with the guidelines of the forum. If that isn't possible, then I wish him well and will miss his contributions here.