Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye.

Re: Goodbye.

Jay,

I am truly sorry to see you are being banned or otherwise elect to leave this or other forums. I believe you have a tremendous knowledge which should be shared. I know I have benefited from your assistance. Link me up to your blog!

BTW, I just purchased a Kodak Empire 11x14....it has not arrived yet, but should be here within the week. Give me a call so we check it out.

Your friend, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    Some responders in this thread may be confusing having a passion and responding through personal attacks. They are not the same and I applaud the moderators for finally deciphering the difference! I love this forum for its encyclopedia of knowledge and it's civil personality. I will do whatever I can to help it along. I do not want the light to go out here anytime soon.
    Hi Darr,

Well said!

[The sound of hands clapping... ]

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Marko has a point. The point of a forum is the exchange of ideas and information. When the flames obscure the information to the point where few readers will read "through the flames" to find the occasional nugget of useful information, it's gone too far.

The pyro threads were an example. Ask a question, read through 15 pages of flames trying to find the answer to your question.

Steve

The problem with the internet is many people bring their baggage to the keyboard then roll it around in their mouths like a tasty morsel and then spew it forth as vile vomit.

Most internet forums are a total waste of bandwith when just a few "I can piss higher than you types" decide their opinions are the only ones of value. The next stage is personal attack closely followed by people leaving the forum for their own sanity.

Does this forum have an ignore button or ignore thread feature? It would be very handy at times

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nicholls View Post

Does this forum have an ignore button or ignore thread feature? It would be very handy at times
    Well I was new here about three weeks ago and quickly found out I don't need a button to ignore what I don't want to read, I don't expect anyone to shield me from that I don't want to read, it is up to you, the users, to make the choice of what you do and you don't and I think it is pretty presumptuous to think a person who starts one of these systems to protect you from that you don't wish to be a part of...come on folks, this is the real world in 2007, get a thicker skin, and get on with the program,...

I for one am very happy to be here, every once in a while, I will disagree, but again, thankful I have the opportunity to talk with so many different personalities that have the same passion I do...and that is photography..there is nothing stopping your from jumping out of the fire...The best ignore button or ignore thread is your own personal restraint..

Dave

Steve, ignore what Dave said ...

You will find the ignore functions under "my settings" at the top of this page.

Cheers,
    Graeme

Thanks Graeme. I will not ignore your sage direction

Steve

Dave,

Being ignored could be a blessing. It all depends on who ignores you.

This is a nice board. Go to "My Settings", add anyone you want to your ignore list.

I used to moderate a board.

Often folks get drunk and post. When I see lots of flaming, I just assume they are drunk.

I am from the USA and rude is a way of life, I am used to it. From my experience, many in other countries and some in the USA see personal attacks and rudeness as unacceptable. Those forum participants will leave without a peep. They deserve a voice too and it is the moderators job to ensure all have a voice in the forum to keep it interesting. If that means banning a couple participants, then some have to be banned. If I want to flame and throw some personal attacks, I know the consequences.

I have not participated here long enough to know the history here, but tough love and "take it like a man" or "get a tough skin" will not fly IMO. I have seen some boards die because a few took it over and flamed it into the ground.

Sad, very Sad...

Have fun Guys and Girls..

Dave

Keep your eye out for Talkfilm.net

Thanks