Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assignment never tackled before

Re: Assignment never tackled before

Quote Originally Posted by GPS View Post
    Tell them the truth - you have never done it, you don't even know what type of film, lens, format to use, what to charge etc..
    ...and then give them your phone number?

What for?

If every successful photographer passed up good jobs because they had never shot that particular kind of subject, the world would be a duller place.

Take a risk. What is the worst that could happen? You wouldn't get paid? I mean it isn't life or death...

Just because you need movements is no reason to skip digital entirely. Jewelry stands still, and you could use a Betterlight (they rent by the week). Also, Calumet has a rental for a small view cam that accepts a 1DSII and I believe they also rent mini-view cams for a P45 back, etc. Time is another reason to possibly go digital, and scanning film isn't exactly cheap either. Sometimes, you can use both - digital for the details, and film for the details in larger scenes, no?

Whatever you elect to do, good luck to you and much success!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    If every successful photographer passed up good jobs because they had never shot that particular kind of subject, the world would be a duller place.

Take a risk. What is the worst that could happen? You wouldn't get paid? I mean it isn't life or death...
    Frank, that's exactly my approach on life. Life without risks is unbearably boring.

Senior for sure

Be a tad careful with a hard light source if you are using digital. You will have to watch the contrast carefully. Specular reflection can cause brutal pixel anomalies in the final print if the reflections are small and bright enough - the reason is that if the pixel sizes are not small enough to grade out the contrast change around the reflection, you get very harsh speculars. Look at "sparkling water in bright sun" scenics shot with your average digicam to see what I mean.