Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Prime Directive?

Confidently Agnostic!

Re: The Prime Directive?

I'd just pick it up and probably forget about it within moments. It's just a dollar.

A 50 or a 100 on the other hand, I'd pick that up and think about it for like 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Come and get it It's in Hawaii
    They still use dollars in Hawaii? I thought it was all Yen.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Under #10, Something Else, one might consider attaching a bit of fishing line, and then hide around the corner. When someone bends over to pick it up, just pull the line. That's even more fun than gluing it to the pavement.

As a teen I once worked at a pizza joint. The boss was from Sicily (this was in Jersey), and he was always complaining that American girls did not know how good they had it since he would give them a job and they could "make lots of money." One day I watched him show a newbie how to make a "gooda tip". After the couple he served pizza left the joint, he promptly declared he earned a "gooda tip of $1.00". The only problem was, when he slid it out from under the cup, there was only half of a dollar.

There are many things you could do with that dollar Ed!

--

I would 2, 5, then 6
    Last edited by darr; 5-Jan-2007 at 10:08. Reason: what would I do ???

I had this happen recently only I found $18 scattered down the walkway in a park. I had just been to the site of a new sculpture installation and was on the way back to the studio pondering how to photograph it. I picked up the money and also a receipt from a nearby grocery store. The receipt had the customers name on it and then I remembered an elderly gentleman who rides a large tricycle pass by the sculpture site. I also remember him having a grocery bag. Anyway, I looked the name from the receipt up in the phone book and called. He peddled over to the studio within 10 minutes and retrieved his lost change. Also turned out he was a retired Methodist minister on a fixed income. He was very grateful. If the receipt had not been there I'm not sure what I would have done. Maybe by my receptionist lunch?

2, 1 then 10.
    Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_1856 View Post
    They still use dollars in Hawaii? I thought it was all Yen.

You would get that impression, if you went into Waikiki.

"In God We Trust" is printed on the back of the dollar. In a way, He sent you a descreet message letting you know He hasn't forgotten you. I used to not really think too much about when I ran across money on the ground but now I stop and say a little prayer thanking God for my life, family, friends, and all other good blessings I have been blessed with. So, I say thanks and I won't forget Him as well.

Smile Re: The Prime Directive?

And I thought this was a Star Trek question.
    I'd pocket the dollar knowing full well that my kids would go through my pockets, find the dollar and keep it for themselves. It's that trickle down economics.

Maybe the local TV station news crew or some struggling reality show staged the whole thing and surreptitiously taped your every move. Good thing you didn't pocket the money, otherwise you might have been confronted around the corner by an indignant TV reporter (or, even worse, Erik Estrada) carping about the soulless greed in our morally bankrupt society. They probably would have been thrown by the LF forum posting thing, though...