I came to LF from using a Hasselblad and Zeiss lenses. I was very happy with th e results but, like many people I think, I was lured by the LF promise of even s harper pictures and smoother gradation. I use AgfaPan 25 and Rodinal with the H assy and you would be hard pushed to see so much as a speck of grain even in lar ge enlargements.

Well, even though I love struggling with an upside down reversed groundglass und er a baking middle-eastern sky, I have to confess that my results haven't been b etter than the Hasselblad. The grain on T-Max 100 is bigger than Agfa25 and I d on't think the gradation is better What am I doing wrong? I have a Toyo 45CX with Sinaron 4.5 75mm, S-Angulon XL 9 0mm, Nikkor 150 f/5.6 and Nikkor f/8 300mm lenses. The glass is good. The came ra is adequate. Must be the operator ...

I don't think it's camera shake - Manfrotto 344b with 141c head. Not massive - but should be adequate. Also my negs don't look like they have shake. My results aren't dreadful - but they aren't earth shattering either. Maybe I should consider the heretical notion of returning to 6x6...? Any ideas? YA Sinclair