Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikkor Lens Board Availability

Nikkor Lens Board Availability

According to Nikon nikkor lenses catalog, page 12, dated Feb 20th 2000, Nikon seems to make Linhof type boards for copal 0, 1, 3. MSRP is 3000 each or about $30.

By the way, I finally figured out what "s" version (e.g. SW65mm F4s) means for some of current lenses.... The catalog (pg 6) says "s" designated lenses have shutters with 7 blazes specifically designed for Nikon, compared to normal 5 blazes. 5 SW "s" lenses from 65mm - 120mm also have sync sockets in forward direction. May be it was only me who did not know this....

Hello, from Bangkok, Thailand. Almost all my lens board are made by Nikon. They are easily found in Thailand and are not expensive. Yes, the lensboard are engraved Nikon. They are the real thing. I believe they may not be sold or imported to America. The local dealer, here, imports both Linhof and Nikon 4x5 lenses. In my opinion Nikon lens board are of excellent quality and for a really good price.

The Nikkor board originates from Japan, I bought a Nikkor M 300mm and it came with one. I order 2 extra board at the cost of 1800 yen or USD$16.00. Surprising, the Nikon board is a cut above all the others I have seen. The surface of the board is lightly textured with the centre hole drill off centre in the true Linhof style. There is also additional light trap. 4 parts of the board are deliberately designed to extruded slightly to ensure a better fit/ grip to the camera front standard. Overall, the quality is excellant. The finish came close to my original Sinar boards. Right now, I am replacing all my Linhof generic boards with the ones made by Nikon's manuafacturer.

Obviously, the manuafauturer who made the Nikon Boards also made generic ones which exhibits similar quality but without the Nikon logo Stamp. Priced the same as the Nikon Board. It can be ordered from Japan from most outlets that stock LF lens.

James

Better late than never. Badger Graphics sells Nikon lens boards; $35, I believe.

Nikon does indeed make these boards. I have several of them. They are of excellent quality, fit and finish and the bores are off center just like the Linhof boards. I acquired them from a photodealer at the Buena Park camera show in LA. ($20 each),

Midwestphoto has them at $29.00...I just bought one.