Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BTZS Calculator updated

Re: BTZS Calculator updated

I successfully installed OpenOffice. Thanks for the link. I have my film tests done but need to get some numbers for Azo to plug in.

Hope some of you can share this, any one?

Got it and thanks!

What is this calculator software? I use BTZS and am curious.

Short version: go to the OP and click on his link and in issue 2 you will find a primer of BTZS with a spreadsheet developed by the writer of that essay (Jorge Gasteazoro). It is useful and in Excel.

Long version: The OP magazine issue 2 (click on his link) and you will have a primer of BTZS. The spreadsheet is one of the way to undestand this. I read the book of Phil Davis and suddenly all the things I do not understand when reading Ansel Adams and Beyond Monochrome comes in. However, even though Phil being so good (and he is very good) in presenting his idea in his book, you sometimes want to have an alternative speakers. That issue and the writer (Jorge Gasteazoro, who is an ex-member here but later quit Pt/Pd LF later shockingly) has given a different presentation and also a spreadsheet to demonstrate (and in fact can be used for) how the BTZS could be in action. He also included photos (very good Pt/Pd one, once again shockingly sad he left photography) and how he metered.

Great essay, great magazine, but just not having the spreadsheet seems a bit of an issue and hence I asked.

I got it now but I really hope the original OP can release this to the public like the magazine itself as well. The magazine is goner (and is free at that time!) and releasing thois IP in public (open source etc.) would be nice for everyone.

The spreadsheet is really not intended as a replacement. But then again as time passed and if no further update in s/w version of BTZS, it might be the last man standing! Running Palm OS on jailbreak iPhone and running virtual Windows XP using Palm Desktop 4 (under Windows 7 as another BTZS poster used or VM under Mac OSX as one BTZS poser in BTZS.org used) is a bit too Matrix or Inception like.

I did get the BTZS software first and get the kindle BTZS book. Hence I hope that I am not in trouble. But may the OP / writer consider to release this. How about just send it to Fred and ask him to sell it as part of the package!

My take.

Thanks for the info. I looked that up in Magnachrome and it was interesting. As it turns out, I just made a chart like that myself using my BTZS Plotter data because I don't like being dependent on the Palm.

The link to the calculator does not work. Can anyone email me a copy of the excel spreadsheet please?? eric at ericrose.com
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    The link to the calculator does not work. Can anyone email me a copy of the excel spreadsheet please?? eric at ericrose.com
    I have a copy of the Magnachrome BTZS spreadsheet.

Don Bryant

Check your email Eric.

Thanks guys!
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.