Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Badger Graphic / Midwest Photo

Re: Badger Graphic / Midwest Photo

Just another vote for Jeff @ Badger. Top marks all around!

David Crossley/Crossley Photography....

After all my 5x7 equipment got ripped off, I took the insurance money (minus a hefty deductable), added some more money to it and gave Midwest a call. I guess I should have checked around more (this was before eBay), but they set me up with a used Zone VI and used Fuji W 300mm on a board for a good price -- and both were in perfect condition. I was lucky I called the right people.

Vaughn

Both Jeff and Jim give you personalized service you won't get at behemoths like B&H. And if there is a problem, they'll fix it fast. Their reputation in my book is first rate.

Beverly Hills, California

I have had THE BEST service from B&H Photo Video. They are less emotionally attached to the deal, honest, and responsive. Yes, my experience with them has been better than MPEX, and better than Badger!

To each his own.

Dave Karp

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    After all my 5x7 equipment got ripped off, I took the insurance money (minus a hefty deductable), added some more money to it and gave Midwest a call. I guess I should have checked around more (this was before eBay), but they set me up with a used Zone VI and used Fuji W 300mm on a board for a good price -- and both were in perfect condition. I was lucky I called the right people.

Vaughn
    I don't think you have to worry. I think that many times MPEX's prices are lower than those you find on e-Bay.

As an international purchaser I found B&H, Badger and Midwest to be excellent LF equipement resorces. Anyway, I must say that I prefer to deal with Jeff at Badger since he is a very knowlegble salesperson, an excellent internet communicator and a super nice person.

Luca

Michael Alpert

lazybones,

I have also had superb honest service from Jeff for many years. His new lenses are new.

You say "after reading some comments relating that "new" lenses . . . " Okay, exactly where did you do your reading? I'd like to personally contact the person who said this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Alpert View Post
    You say "after reading some comments relating that "new" lenses . . . " Okay, exactly where did you do your reading? I'd like to personally contact the person who said this.
    I think there was some commentary in here. If I remember correctly, the problem was a bad run a Schneider, but a few people took issue with the dealers for some reason. There was another thread as well, but I cannot remember which one now. I'm not worried about any of this now, with all the positive feedback! Thanks again to everyone!

Just to follow up:

I ended up ordering a 210mm APO-Symmar L, which recently arrived from Badger Graphic. Jeff came across as being quite pleasant during the ordering phase. Good "vibe." The lens is fresh. Really fresh. Its QC card is dated from mid December, 2006! Huzzah! All looks great so far... Time to test with some film... If there are no issues, there will be an 80mm SSXL in my near future.

I don't think that there exists better service than that provided by Jim at Midwest...