I do not know if this has been posted to this site or not, but if it has please excuse me for a duplicate post. For several days I have been trying to find 5x7 film holders. None of the stores with websites that I checked have them, either out of stock or on back order.

This morning I checked Bruce's Field Camera Store website to see if he had any for sale. When I went to the film holder section of his site this is the message that I found: "All of the Fidelity, Lisco, and Riteway filmholders are out of production. They were made by the same companywho is turning their back on large format. We have a limited supply which we will sell to camera buyers and previous customers only. 4x5 and 8x10 in stock."

Bruce's is not the only store that is out of 5x7 holders. Here is a list of all the stores that I know that do not have them. Adorama, B&H, Bruce's, Calumet, The View Camera Store and Badger Graphics. I also checked Fine Art Supply's site and their catalog still shows that 5x7's are in stock. However, if anyone is interested in purchasing any it would probably be a good idea to e-mail them first just to be certain. All of the stores that I checked still have good supplies, at least for now of 4x5 and 8x10 film holders, but for how long.

I do not know if this news qualifies as a disaster or not, but I would say that it is very close. Hopefully, the company that manufactured all of the film holders will sell the equipment to someone else who is interested producing film holders. I hope that a different company will take over production before the price of film holders go throught the roof. If anyone on this list knows of any stores that are still selling 5x7 holders would they be so kind as to respond to this thread. Also, watch for stores that are out of 4x5 and 8x10 holders, if things get to that point. This could be even worse than
another company annoucing that they are exiting the film production business. It will do us little good to have all the film we want, but nothing to put it in to use it.