Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linhof

Linhof

I am looking for an adapter that fits on a cable release that will fit in a Linhof Super Technika V.

Re: Linhof

You mean for the quick release? You can get them from Marflex. Check the HPmarketing website (I forget the exact address, but google "hpmarketing" and "linhof," and you should turn it up) for the current phone number.

IMO you are better off without the quick release fittings. If the shutter rotates a tiny fraction in its mount the cable release won't work reliably. I took mine off and taped over the fitting holes in the lens boards. Much happier with the setup now. The only exception would be where you have recessed lens board and a quick release fitting could make life easier but again, a cable release with a 90 deg bend at the end which is permanently fitted to lens would be more reliable.

Gepe makes a perfect little 3 inch long flexible cable release adapter that screws into the normal socket on a shutter -- this works very nicely with recessed lensboards and even with lenses on flat boards. Use a little Loctite to really secure it. It is head and shoulders better than all those angled metal cable release adapters, and it works with everything, not just one type of board/shutter set-up.

I'm sure the Linhof quick release is a thing of joy when it is properly set-up and the plastic housing isn't brittle from being 40 years old. I notice the newer ones are made from metal. But unless I was getting a new super swanky $8K Linhof and wanted everything to be factory spec, I wouldn't bother with it.

do you know where you can get one of these gepe mini cable releases from cos I can't find a UK supplier who lists them.Art Prints

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

I've used 1930's cloth covered cable releases - they have a shorter ferrule than the newer ones, and can fit into all kinds of tight corners.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Badger, Mpex.com, other US places have them - $18 to $23 or so.

Germany must have them, they are made there...

you would think the gepe website would list it since its their product, but all they list are slide mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by robc View Post
    you would think the gepe website would list it since its their product, but all they list are slide mounts.
    This is a product that Gepe only sells in the USA.

On the Gepe site are mounts, mounting accessories and reels and chests as well as Gepe Card Safes and Card Store products.

Gepe cable releases are sold by most camera stores in the USA.

Bob is right! The European Gepe sight does not list this highly useful gadget and there is no distributor for it in Europe. About a year ago I sent an e-mail to Robert White in the UK, suggesting he investigate the selling of this gadget. He promised to look into it but I have not heard from him since. Strange!!! This is such a useful little thing.