Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omega D-2

Omega D-2

Jim -- Are we talking about an "Omegaron"? The original post said "Omegaor", which I interpreted as a misspelling of Omegar, which I still say is "Ohmygod." The Omegaron you own may be another story entirely--maybe a Rodagon with the Omega name on it?

I've *heard* that the 75mm Nikkor is not as good as the 80mm. However, I have not had any personal experience on this one. I owned a 105mm f/5.6 El-Nikkor a number of years back and it was excellent.

Omega D-2

Thanks for all these responses. I think I'll attempt to talk the dealer down in price. He has 3 D-2's in stock, plus several other beasts of various sorts. This one is the nicest of the three.

The lens is an Omegaron-Rodenstock (Says "Rodenstock" on the barrel). It seems nice in that the lens aperture is illuminated by the enlarger lamphouse such that the selected aperture appears in red and the adjacent higher and lower aperture values appear in green. Looks neat!

The lens question is academic in that I think I'll just buy the thing without the lens and carrier for now (to keep the price low). Initially, I will use it for 6x7 (there are several 105 Nikkoers up on EBAY), then when I get a field camera, I'll get a glass carrier and suitable lens.

I'll post back here after my next discussion with the dealer.