Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tmax rs developer

Re: tmax rs developer

I use this stuff quite successfully. It is optimized for processing at 75f or 23.9C

I have used T-Max RS for quite a while now and is most appropriate for sheet film, but you mentioned roll film and I would go the route of using the regular T-Max developer at 1:4 with temps around 75 (72 is ok) with a 6.5-7.0 minute development time. Agitate every 30 seconds, and would be the traditional five time gentle inversion, no excessive shaking. A resting time between agitation seems to be needed for this developer. Higher dilutions would require longer times than 8 minutes, at least for me it did and didn't seem to have any benifits for contrast control. HP-5 ISO at around 200-250, though I would stay with the Kodak films, T-Max 400, at 320-400, and T-Max 100 at 80-125. Use a water-bath instead of a stop solution in the middle of the process, and extend the time with the water-bath to a minute with the agitation at the 30 second mark. Then rinse and fix the film in a regular fashion.

Hello! With continuous agitation using a roller ad print drum, at dilutions of 1:3, 1:7, and 1:9 of TMax RS, for 4x5 TMax 400, I've gotten an EI of 500. I tested 1:3 myself at home, and used BTZS for 1:7 anbd 1:9 tests. Best regards.

Mike

I don't know if RS is the same as the original TMax developer, but the original is doesn't have a very long shelf life? Was your developer new, when you used it?

As far as I know I always use it at 1:4 with a temperature of either 20 deg C for hand agitation or 24 deg C for in the Jobo (depends on overall lazyness of setup time)

I have found it at this dilution 100% reliable on all the emulsions I have thrown at it .. although it's a wee bitty too fast for PanF.

i made the same dilution mistake when i went from powder to liquid devs. 1:9 from the little bottle is a good way to use RS.

fyi, DDX is the same...

tribby