Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C-41 supplies

Unhappy C-41 supplies

I want to process some 4x5 sheets and all the local places use dip and dunk with clips that mangle the sheets.

Since I have used my 3010 Jobo in the past with perfect results, I am trying to find supplies without luck.

Helix in Chicago no longer carries any C41. Calumet is out of stock on bleach.

What is the solution for use who still want to develope their own? Do labs order direct from Kodak and would Kodak even ship 5 gallon quantities? Will hasmat fees make this impossible?

Re: C-41 supplies

There must be somebody in Chicago that supplies mini-labs etc. See if they will sell to you.

Bob

B&H lists two Tetanal kits in stock with no shipping restrictions. I have used their RA4 kits in the past with good luck but have not used the C41 so can't speak for how well they work.

Freestyle

Adorama ships...at least they did a couple of months ago.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

On topic here -- do any of these suppliers sell actual Kodak Flexicolor liquid chemicals in "makes a gallon" sizes, and ship them (Adorama, for instance, won't ship many/most liquids)? I'm interested in starting home C-41 (the only way I'll ever be able to think about shooting color in my Speed Graphic), and I'm having trouble finding the chemicals locally. I've heard photochemistry experts mildly diss the kits, and the Kodak chemistry doesn't require starters, so can be used with one-shot dilution of the developer -- if I can find it!
    If a contact print at arm's length is too small to see, you need a bigger camera. :D

You have to be carefull. Some of the Kodak doesn't need starters. Some do.

You can also look for Fuji Hunt chemicals. I don't know if the developer needs a starter but the bleach and fixer don't need a starter chemical. Unless it's changed

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Qualls View Post
    On topic here -- do any of these suppliers sell actual Kodak Flexicolor liquid chemicals in "makes a gallon" sizes, and ship them (Adorama, for instance, won't ship many/most liquids)? I'm interested in starting home C-41 (the only way I'll ever be able to think about shooting color in my Speed Graphic), and I'm having trouble finding the chemicals locally. I've heard photochemistry experts mildly diss the kits, and the Kodak chemistry doesn't require starters, so can be used with one-shot dilution of the developer -- if I can find it!
    Are you sure? The chemistry I get is all liquid. I do buy the kits though.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

I've had good luck with the Tetenal C41 kits.

I have had good success with Fuji-Hunt C-41 as well as there RA-4.
    I order these chemicals as well as film from Unique Photo in NJ. They have really good service and ship very quickly. The Fuji Hunt c-41 requires starter for the bleach as well as the developer, but I find that not to be a great problem. They are all liquid and very easy to mix and seem to be very economical as well. Check them out athttp://www.uniquephoto.com/
    If you PM me I can send you the ordering numbers for the individual chemicals needed, as they are not sold as a kit.