Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay seller to avoid

Ebay seller to avoid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following Ebay seller is someone to watch. I bought five lens boards for my camera and sent payment via Postal Money Order. The lens boards were not shipped and when I questioned him he responded with the vilest most vulgar email that I have ever received.

Oaklandlenscom.

The sellers name is Jorge Mareno located in Auburn Hills Mi. 48336.

Deal with this person only at your own peril.

Re: Ebay seller to avoid

Thanks for the heads up!

Don,

Sorry to hear about your problem with the seller... in the future, I'd suggest using a credit card for payment.

Why?

Because there's usually recourse to recovering your payments with cc payments. You can go to them and they'll at least investigate the problem. If it lies with the seller... they'll reverse the charge from your cc.

Once Postal Money Orders are cashed... you're essentially out of luck unless you can get the Postmaster involved. Hmmm, I wonder if this would be a way of recovering your money....

Hope things work out!

Cheers
    Last edited by Capocheny; 14-Nov-2006 at 23:52.
    Life in the fast lane!

Don- It's ok. The lensboards wouldn't have fit anyway. At least that was my experience.

Oaklandlenscom....Is this the guy that lists Zone VI and Wisner lens boards for about $5? I guess you get what you pay for......

NEVER had a problem with one of Richard Ritter's lens boards

Well, I ordered from this guy two lensboards ($6 alltogether + shipping) for my Tachihara about half a year ago. When they arrived I found out that they are a bit too narrov (would wiggle in the left-right direction when attached to the camera) and the holes for the copal#0 and copal#1 did not have exact size. Worse was that they smelled TERRIBLY (some oil black color) and were also loosing paint a bit when touched. I've sent him an email with my complains - so finaly we agreed such that he reinbursed those $6 back - and I kept the lensboards. I got then a normal metallic lensboard from somewhere else.

The bottom line is the product waws poor (well, $3 per lensboard), but I can not complain about the seller itself.

Matus

i bought some filters from him a few months ago and they never arrived. I sent about five emails asking about them and never heard from him. So, I inititated a claim with paypal, which he never responded to, and got my money back. Then I left negative feedback and all hell broke loose. He left crazy negative feedback from me and then started emailing and calling me threatening to come to my house and kill me. I waited for a while for him to show up (I think he might have been surprised if he had) but nothing ever came of it. A true psycho.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Matus Kalisky View Post
    ... Worse was that they smelled TERRIBLY...
    Ha, ha... this reminds me of the ground glass I bought not long ago. Great glass, wonderfuly nice entrepeneur selling them, but it took me 2 days to recover from the allergy attack I had following opening of the parcel.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Ha, ha... this reminds me of the ground glass I bought not long ago. Great glass, wonderfuly nice entrepeneur selling them, but it took me 2 days to recover from the allergy attack I had following opening of the parcel.
    Let me guess... cigarette odour?

G

File a fraud complaint with your local post office. Results are a little variable depending on how busy they are but being investigated by the Treasury Department is a marvelous way of getting the attention of some of these creeps.

Mike