Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebay seller to avoid

Re: Ebay seller to avoid

I ordered two Wisner lens boards from this guy and while I was lucky that they arrived, they are a bit to large and I do not want to screw with them. I got a $16 lesson.

As a result, I am going to go back to Richard Ritter for my lens boards because I can trust him to get it right.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Don.

Cheers!

Thanks, I have contacted Richard Ritter. I have confidence that he is ethical.

Photographer

I had mixed experience with this seller: I bought a six inch Wisner-type lensboard that was cut to large. I sent the lensboard back with the correct measurements and receive one promptly cut to the correct dimensions. Seems silly to sell the wrong size to a lot of people, but hope he know the correct measurements now. Also, the board was unfinished (except black paint on back side), but it was simple enough to wipe on several coats of finish.
    Keith Pitman

my order from oakland arrived and fit just fine.
    Robert Oliver

Since you paid with PayPal, you can open a complaint and if the seller does not provide resolution -- shipment of the titems or refund, PayPal will reverse the charge.
    Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com

Unfortunately, Donald use Postal Money Order rather than PayPal. Even if you don't use PayPal and paid directly through a credit card such as Visa or Mastercard... a complaint to the cc company may result in the charge being reversed.

Good sellers are so hard to find these days... that's why I really look for the tried and true sellers I've dealt with in the past!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Quote Originally Posted by Capocheny View Post
    Unfortunately, Donald use Postal Money Order rather than PayPal. Even if you don't use PayPal and paid directly through a credit card such as Visa or Mastercard... a complaint to the cc company may result in the charge being reversed.
    Postal Money Order isn't a bad way to go in the US - it opens the possibility of opening a mail fraud claim (assuming he mailed it using the US mail) against the seller. Real bad news is the seller lives in the US.

My board with a custom, peculiar size hole is just fine, and you can't beat the price. If the guy has gone over the deep end, that is a shame.

I once spent 5 minutes and $0.00 making myself a board out of cardboard, to test a lens in the absence of any board. Thing worked fine, and it made $100 metal boards seem like ridiculous overkill. Ugly, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Capocheny View Post

Good sellers are so hard to find these days... that's why I really look for the tried and true sellers I've dealt with in the past!

Cheers
    Of course -- how stupid of me
    Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com

Terence

Just got my three boards from him. It took about two weeks. The two 6" boards are a little oversize, but I should be able to plane it down to fit (not that I should have to, but not toooo terrible). I can't test the 4 1/2" one yet.

The holes look about right.

They are a little funky smelling. Not quite a paint smell.
    Last edited by Terence McDonagh; 16-Nov-2006 at 15:12.