Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gnass again

Gnass again

FWIW. I know this is beating a dead horse, but it seems that Gnass is failing again. I made two separate orders on the 15th of last month. I got an email acknowledgement on the 15th for only one order and have not received a single responce since, no responce to my questions about the other order, nothing. My account was charged for both orders on the 17th. If you go into their website and track both orders they show up, but they will not respond to my emails about them.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Eric Biggerstaff

Re: Gnass again

This is not uncommon, but the gear is fine quality. When I ordered mine, it took several weeks to get to me. In fact, after waiting for about 3 1/2 weeks I finally called and left a message, then called again and got him. I was told mine was next in line and it still took a couple more weeks.

I forgot to give you a heads up about this issue when we were discussing the Gnass products.
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

The products looked great that you had on the Chaco trip and it was based on your reomendation that I bought them. I am not in a huge hurry. They just need to communicate better with their customers. I understand backlogs. I just don't understand the lack of communication if that is the case.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Sounds like another graduate of the aclaimed Wisner School of Business Management.

I bought one of his lens cases and film holder bags, it took 3 months. But it is nice gear and I knew they were flakes going in. Try ordering off that crappy website for example...
    Last edited by Frank Petronio; 9-Nov-2006 at 18:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    ...I knew they were flakes going in. Try ordering off that crappy website for example...
    I love these guys stuff. I ordered another 8x10 film holder case and a large lens case. It took awhile for my last order to show, but when two weeks went by and nothing showed up, I dropped an email to them. Got a voicemail from Justin Gnass (Ga-Nass) last Friday telling me I would have items on Tuesday of this week. And if I needed them sooner to give him a call and he would make it right. Tuesday they showed up.

Flakes don't make stuff like this and their website is fine for ordering in my opinion. Still your mileage has obviously varied. I am completely satisfied with their service, especially after this last voicemail.

Stew
    Last edited by squiress; 9-Nov-2006 at 18:54.

I ordered the 4x5 case and the 3 lens pouch a number of months ago and I think it took about a month to get. the wait was worth it, as the case and pouch are 1st rate.
    they did double bill on my card but promptly returned credit when they realized the mistake.
    BR

Kirk,

I live within about a mile of the house (yes its a house) and picked up my stuff personally when I ordered it. They are kind of the free spirit types. And I think
    you might do better with a phone call instead of email. I didn't have to wait very long for my stuff but then I could just go over and knock on the door. I work out of town but if you'd like next thur/fri if your not getting anywhere I can go over and ask them what's up. They were very nice and responsive when I dealt with them.

brad

It took a month when I ordered a year ago. The four lens case is first rate.

I found a phone call expedited things as well. It took a second call, but when I explained a time sensitive situation they upgraded my shipping and made sure that they met their promises to get it to me in time.

Justin is good people, though not exactly tuned in to time pressures. His product is phenomenal, I love my 3 lens case and 3 pouch Readyload/Quickload holder.

BTW - Still waiting on my Satin Snow ground glass, 9 weeks since ordering it. Perhaps I might call them too.

I wish that Gnass offered a larger 4x5 bag--one with enough room for film holders, a dark cloth, a lens or two and maybe a changing bag.