Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: View Camera Conference

Re: View Camera Conference

Ted
    Can you tell me a bit more about the tour to the distilleries on Thursday? Which Brown Foreman Distillery are you going to? I live on a farm next to the Labrot and Graham (Brown Foreman) Distillery in Woodford County, where they make Woodford Reserve.

I'll be out of town for the conference and am very dissapointed about missing it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm excited about the conference, buthave never been to one before. Do you think it will be a good idea to bring along my camera? Im considering lenses, and enlargers ...

Yes, especially if you have any questions about its operation. I am sure there will be an opportunity to set it up in the lobby and get some help.

steve simmons

Mark, more on the distillery tour later today ... I am waiting on final details from Paul Paletti in Louisville.

I should also add that the tour, like the Conference Workshops is space limited. The Workshops are all rapidly filling up, several with only a few places left. If you are interested sign up now.

Eric Biggerstaff

Mark - I have been to the Labrot & Graham distillery many times and it is a beautiful place. Highly recommended for the lovely setting, friendly people and EXCELLENT product they produce. The manager was an old friend. I worked with her husband at Valvoline in Lexington and she managed the distillery, we had a lot of company functions there.

Ted - If you can work it out, go there and take your camera!
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Shameless self-promotion: For those of you who have time to spare, there is an exhibition about the rapidly vanishing landscape of the Bluegrass at the KY Derby Museum featuring, among other things, LF photos by yours truly:

The Museum is located at 704 Central Ave. For opening hours, call (502) 637-1111 or visit http://www.derbymuseum.org. The museum is actually a very interesting place even for those who would not think of themselves as visitors to a museum devoted to equinalia.

More of my Kentucky work is at my website.

Eric

Who do you know at Labrot and Graham? I'm friends with Dave and Della Schreuick (sp???). He's one of if not the head manager over there. It is a great place, and alot of fun. I know its' very late but if the group was coming there it would be a shame not to visit one or two of the farms that you pass to get there. Some of these are very impressive and without a doubt produce some of the worlds finest thouroghbred horses! We are in a draught right now so things aren't quite as green, or humid, as normal.

Frank
    I'll be sure to make it over to the Derby Museum to see that show. The theme is one that I have been dwelling on for quite some time. The Bluegrass is changing and once gone, it's gone.

Mark

Eric Biggerstaff

Mark,

Peggy Stevens used to be there but she moved to Louisville several years ago, maybe close to 8 or 9 years now. Sorry to hear about the drought, that area of the country is beautiful in the summer when it is green. I agree, if people have never been to Kentucky they should see at least one horse farm if possible.

I moved away about 10 years ago now and miss going to Keenland early in the morning to watch the morning workouts of the ponies, a great place to sit, sip on coffe and read the paper while the horses trot past.

Wish I could be at the conference, I think it will be a great time had by all!
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Elevator will be sending down some mural fibres done on the new Harmon fibre digital paper off our Lambda printer.
    Probably around 5 or 6 30x40 inch prints that show different capture to different toning finish.
    They will be at the Ilford Trade Booth.
    Unfortunately we will not be present this year , but hopefully next year with enough planning we will be able to attend.
    I hope the conference is a huge success and everyone has fun.
    Bob

We have the View Camera conference program as a pdf if people are interested. Just e-mail

amiles@viewcamera.com

and she will send it to you.

Printed copies will be available at the conference beginning Friday morning at 8am on the 3rd Floor of the Brown Hotel.

thanks

steve simmons