Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: View Camera Conference

View Camera Conference

View Camera is having its 5th Large Format Photography Conference in Louisville, KY June 27-July 1, 2007. This is the opening weekend of a two month long regional photo festival.

There will be presentations and seminars on scanning, alternative processes, basic black and white technique, understanding camera movements, book publishing, understanding and using staining developers, using the ULF camera, landscape photography, digital output, showing your work to museums and galleries, etc. There will also be workshops on portraiture and the figure, alternative processes, scanning, basic view camera technique, and black and white printing. There will also be special 2 and 3 day workshops before and after the conference in scenic locations in and around Louisville. The trade show will again include all of the major camera manufacturers, film companies, and several of the leading new and used large format dealers. As far as we know this annual event is the largest collection of view cameras and lenses anywhere in the world.

Participants will be able to exhibit their work in special gallery spaces in the hotel and there will be exhibits all over the city to help celebrate photography.

For more information please go to

http://www.viewcamera.com/pdf/2006/v...erence2007.pdf

Or refer to your Sept/Oct or Nov/Dec 2006 issues of View Camera.

steve simmons
    Last edited by steve simmons; 14-Oct-2006 at 10:26.

Re: View Camera Conference

I wish I could go but it's just too far away...maybe someday you'll have one in Vancouver, BC...or at least, Seattle as it's just a little hop over the border...

That's as close as you've come to one near me. Still a couple of days drive. I'll see if I can make it.

Bruce Watson

Lascassas, TN

I have the dates highlighted on my calendar. When will a detailed schedule for the presentations and seminars be available?

I do enjoy your magazine.

Bill

More detailed info will be in the November issue and soon on our web site.

steve

Sounds like a blast, and KY has some great places to shoot. If I have vacation days left, I'm in. As an aside, I've always been leary of "workshops" as they tend to cost a lot and are really kinda short. Where am I going with this......the ones you mentioned sound interesting and I hope they're priced well.

--A

Gaithersburg, MD. (Washington, DC suburbs)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    That's as close as you've come to one near me. Still a couple of days drive. I'll see if I can make it.
    I mapped the route on Google Earth. It's about 40 miles closer than the drive from here, and I make it in 9-10 hours driving time. You'll do it in a day, easy.
    Last edited by jshanesy; 18-Oct-2006 at 18:59.

Hi Steve,

I'd also love to attend but, as Andrew said, that's a long ways away from here (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.)

In a previous thread, there were questions/discussion about holding a View Camera Conference in Portland, Oregon.

Is there any real chance for that to happen in the near future?

Thanks

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

2009, we are talking with the Photo Lucida people to see if we can do the events concurrently

steve

Some more details for Louisville:

1) The Brown Hotel (Conference Central) has graciuosly agreed to turn over all their public space to us for an exhibit of regional photography. All regional photographers and conference attendees are invited to participate. Details are being handled in Louisville but for the moment contact me and I will either answwer questions or send them on. Email me at tedharris@fourpointlanding.com

2) There will be 5 workshops during the Conference. Three 1/2 day workshops "off site" in Louisville -- LF portraits and figure studies; LF scanning and digital workflow; traditional darkroom processing concentrating on one (to be determined) alternate process. All of these are strictly limited to 12 participants each. Times to be determined; you can sign up now with Andrea at View Camera. Also, we are working on a workshop on night photography. Finally, thre will be two free workshops. Speed date your new camera and an exterior architectural photography workshop -- both of these are limited participation so call Andrea Miles at View Camera ASAP to sign up.

3) Finally, there will be two 3 day workshops running at Bernheim Forest in conjunction with and for the convenience of those attending the Conference. One will concentrate on LF landscape photography and an introduction to LF and the other on LF portraiture and figure photography. More details on these in the next few days.