Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: MAGNAchrom Launches!

Re: MAGNAchrom Launches!

Quote Originally Posted by MJSfoto1956 View Post
    Thanx for the interesting insight. We will have a technical post-mortem of the weekend's launch this Tuesday evening and believe me -- everything is on the table!
    One more thing. I just switched off cookies in Firefox on windows and went through the signup process. All went well through all 3 screens. Thing is, that after hiiting done on screen 3, it just went to main page as though everything was OK. If I didn't know that it should display messages about receiving an email I would have thought everything had worked as it should have.

I tried the logon with a real email address this time but cookies switched off in IE. The registration does infact work. But because cookies are switched off, I cannot download the pdf file. I got the email OK and login works but clicking for downlload doesn't until I unblock the domain.

The quickest fix would be to flash up an alert box if cookies are disabled when they need to be enabled. At least users would have a clue why all is not working as it should be. I don't know if that solves your login problems on older browsers or not.

Congratulations! Well researched and presented. Looking forward to your next issue...

Yeah, and great images too!

Well, Firefox 1.0.7 keeps taking me back to start from second page.
    Safari 1.2.1 does the same.
    That's enough for me...
    Mac OSX 10.3.3

I'll try in a month or so...
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

Quote Originally Posted by matthew blais View Post
    Well, Firefox 1.0.7 keeps taking me back to start from second page.
    Safari 1.2.1 does the same.
    That's enough for me...
    Mac OSX 10.3.3

I'll try in a month or so...
    I'll let you into a little secret. Firefox is so riddled with bugs and security vulnerabilities that since the release of version 1.0 in November 2004, there have been 25 further versions released. Yes thats 25 in less than 2 years. Anyone trying to test anything for firefox compatibility hasn't got a snowballs chance. On the other hand, since the realease of IE version 6.0 in August 2001, there have been only two service pack releases for it. Yes, thats only 2 updates in 5 years. Doesn't take much to know which is the most stable product.

Quote Originally Posted by robc View Post
    I'll let you into a little secret. Firefox is so riddled with bugs and security vulnerabilities that since the release of version 1.0 in November 2004, there have been 25 further versions released. Yes thats 25 in less than 2 years. Anyone trying to test anything for firefox compatibility hasn't got a snowballs chance. On the other hand, since the realease of IE version 6.0 in August 2001, there have been only two service pack releases for it. Yes, thats only 2 updates in 5 years. Doesn't take much to know which is the most stable product.
    I suggest you do some homwork. IE is well known for security issues. As to updates, IE updates are built into XP updates...which appear on my desktop on a regular basis. Security issues are acknowledged by MS on a regular basis and have made the press in excess of 100 times in the last 24 months alone.....so much for your 2 service packs in 5 years.

Ever since converting to Mozilla and then Firefox, my security problems have plummeted. On my workstation with IE being used.....it has been an ongoing problem.

There is a reason why security conscious people avoid IE....and it's not just because of the ugly interface and lack of comparable features!

Quote Originally Posted by David Luttmann View Post
    I suggest you do some homwork. IE is well known for security issues. As to updates, IE updates are built into XP updates...which appear on my desktop on a regular basis. Security issues are acknowledged by MS on a regular basis and have made the press in excess of 100 times in the last 24 months alone.....so much for your 2 service packs in 5 years.

Ever since converting to Mozilla and then Firefox, my security problems have plummeted. On my workstation with IE being used.....it has been an ongoing problem.

There is a reason why security conscious people avoid IE....and it's not just because of the ugly interface and lack of comparable features!
    25 versions in 2 years...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...elease_history
    Last edited by robc; 15-Oct-2006 at 22:49.

Japan Exposures

To the MAGNAchrom people: your confirmation email contains URLs containing two slashes between your domain and the PHP script:

To complete your registration, click on the link below:
    http://www.magnachrom.com//ConfirmRe...?CODE=KJhfdj97
    Last edited by Dirk Rösler; 15-Oct-2006 at 23:51.

Japan Exposures

Quote Originally Posted by robc View Post
    Yeah, and Skoda released 2 new cars while Toyota developed 25. Toyota must make some really bad cars if they need to replace them so often. (Bad analogy, I know, but yours is just as illogical; no offense, but it appears as if you are trying to be an authority on something you don't seem to understand. Plus it has zero relation to MAGNAchrom).
    Last edited by Dirk Rösler; 16-Oct-2006 at 00:43.