Advice on more investment in LF equipment

May I consult the oracle once more? I started to get very interested in LF somewhat more than a year ago and have since invested a fair amount of my modest resources in a basic system with one lens, thanks to advice gained here. Now I’ve saved up enough for a second one (there isn’t much cheap used equipment over here; LF photographers are rare) and a scanner. However, I’ve been reading the threads on the future of film recently and have got worried about whether I’m investing in a sinking ship. I hadn’t thought that this might happen so quickly as some people are forecasting. While this is perturbing to all of us, as I’ve only just started and just a few months ago had the pleasure of seeing my first colour slides, the thought that the rug might be pulled from underneath me in a couple of years time is particularly galling.
I don’t want to begin another major future of film discussion, I’d just like to know what you would do if you were starting out now - jack it in and go digital or build up your LF gear in the hope that film (colour in my case) will survive another ten years maybe? Buying a big freezer and filling it with colour film doesn’t seem an option if I can’t develop it myself and the labs close too.

And a second - technically perhaps naive - question about the digital backs from Phase One etc: if such items ever became more affordable in 10-15 years time (?), could they be used with a 4x5 camera and LF lenses just like a roll-film holder, or would that not be possible? (Just hoping that there might be a way to stop my lenses going mouldy in the cupboard if film does dry up). Any comments or advice would be very appreciated!

Cheers,
Mike