Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Student Essays on field trip to Ansel Adams Exhibit

Talking Student Essays on field trip to Ansel Adams Exhibit

Don't read these with anything liquid in your mouth!

http://www.starsandseas.com/SAS_stud...20at%20100.htm
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Re: Student Essays on field trip to Ansel Adams Exhibit

Here's on sample to whit your interest:
    "On 10/9/01, our family, l OX went to San Francisco Museum of Modern Arts for a field trip. We visited the exhibit by a photographer, Ansel Adams(1902- 1984). He is a famous photographer whom has taken all of his pictures in black and white. He never learned how to take any photographs in his entire life, but by looking at his photographs we can tell he's a great photographer."
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Bill,

Those stories were absolutely hilarious!

Gotta love the honesty and the way kids express themselves.

Thanks for the chuckle!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Hi there,

Bill_1856, thanks for the link.

"Keithrie Jennings

...Shooting Landscapes was the hardest part of photography, but he choose to shoot landscapes because he felt that landscape looks boring, but each one has a story behind it and he must capture it and bring out the objects inside feeling. He captured so much details from the beautiful landscapes he shot that when you looked at his photographs, it felt like you're in the pictures. He captured the mood of in each picture so perfectly with these black and white artwork that you can actually feel it. ..."

Out of the mouth of babes.

Jim Ewins

Our public school teachers have done a geat job of indoctrination. Real Sierra Clubers. A real BS culture - good for writing grant applications.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

These are brilliant. Too many great tidbits to quote them all.

but my eyes kind of glazed over after the first half dozen ... I'd hate to be the teacher who has to grade all these.

Did anyone notice the one about halfway down that seems like it's written by a college graduate? Either someone's way ahead of his friends, or else has an overzealous daddy. Or bought it from those classifieds in the back of rolling stone.

Does anyone do that anymore, now that the internet has made plagiarism so easy?

I wonder how many, or rather how few, of these students had English as a first language. It might have a bearing on some of the more mangled phraseology.

Richard

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Kelham
    I wonder how many, or rather how few, of these students had English as a first language. It might have a bearing on some of the more mangled phraseology.
    I would guess - all of them. Only native speakers can mangle a language quite so constructively.

Senior for sure

Ansel Adams was one of the greatest black and white photographer that had lived. He was bored in Feb. 20 1902 and he had die in Apr. 22 1984. Ansel Adams was born in San Francisco, California, the son of Charles Hitchcrock Adams. HitchCrock Adams was a businessman. Ansel Adams grew up in a house near by sand and the oceans by Golden Gate. When Ansel Adams was only four there was a great earthquake with fire in 1906. The earthquake threw him to the ground and badly broke his nose. It left scars marking him for life. With the earthquaked and his nose braking Adams had problems fitting in at school. He was not successful in the various schools to which his parents sent him to, but his father and aunt tutored him at home. Finally he managed to earn what he wanted a legitimizing diploma.

When Adams was growing up he had a kind of hard time. Because he cannot fit in school and the earthquakes' disaster that had broken his nose. Ansel Adams had grew up near by golden gate with the beautiful nature of flowers trees and plants.
    The Chinese students quite appear to have chinese as their mother tongue... English translation of camera manuals appears to be secure...

Ansel Adams was a photographer, He died in 1984 he never used color only black and white. He mostly took pictures of geographical terrain. In Alaska, china, Australia, and all over the world. The ones I liked the most were the pictures of the waterfalls and sunsets.

From his perspective I think he was an honest man, Just trying to capture what's really going on. I heard that in world war 2 Ansel Adams was thought of photographing the world war but he was really taking pictures of waterfalls and other nature things.
    Ansel, you rascal. Hiding out in the mountains, eh?
    Last edited by Paul Coppin; 9-Sep-2006 at 11:16.

Oh - don't be so hard on the kids.... surely they're just in the 5th grade... (I hope to god! - LOL).