Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best large format UK sellers and processors?

Re: Best large format UK sellers and processors?

I've found Teamwork in the UK very good, as well as Robert White. As for processing, I get mine done by BDP in Warrington. HTH

Thanks guys... food for thought.. importing from the US does look good although it does look expensive after delivery and potential VAT import duties..

I'm looking for quickload film and there doesn't seem to be any listed at the uk stockists..

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/

looks to have a good amount of sheet film but none is described as quickload.. anyone using quickload in the UK?

Beyond that its not UK specific but may as well ask on here first.. I've got the HP8550 A4 printer which prints A4 panoramic apparently.. for the life of me i can't find any of this, not HP branded, not even by some other brand... anyone digitally printing their own pictures to larger sizes recommend a place to look for this more specialty paper... its a real shame HP dont seem to offer it as their paper seems to perform so much better in their printers.

Cheers guys

Quickload is the one thing that Robert White do in terms of film and chemicals. That's your best option for fuji films. They get special imports of Acros in quickload. Very expensive mind you.
    Last edited by robc; 9-Sep-2006 at 08:58.

ahh thanks for that.. i thought robert white would only do equipment... cheers

Quickloads: As well as Robert White, Process Supplies and Teamwork stock Acros as well as colour. I never use it as the price of Acros in Quickloads in the UK is a joke - they seem to use a 1 USD = 1 GBP exchange rate! When I want to travel light I use Tmax Readyloads. Just wish Ilford could find a way to do Ready/Quick load...

Cheers, Bob.

The reason Acros is so expensive is because Fuji don't sell it in the UK or the US.
    A handful of UK and US companies import it themeselves in small quantities from Japanese suppliers which means they don't pay Fuji wholesale prices plus shipping and there is a markup.

I spoke to Fuji UK about this recently. They told me that there is not enough UK demand to warrant making the minimum order size that that Fuji Japan require for Across Quickloads. For the cheapest Acros you need to find a Japanese retailer who is willing to ship internationally and who speaks/reads english otherwise it is tricky.

Perhaps someone in Japan could advise of retailers in Japan who are willing to do that.

Now that I've found out all E6 development is the same regardless of ISO, or film.. I'm ready to send my first 7 mixed sheets of transparency film off to peak imaging for developing.

I've found my old package they sent me and i think it has the code for my "account", I was just wondering if anyone else could confirm for me.. there is a slot for it on the forms you fill in, and i figured it would be better to write down the number i'd been given before rather than leaving it blank.

So, in the top left corner of the envelope there is a small sticker with, the number which i think is my account number, a barcode, my company name for delivery address, and its post code. The same number is on the address label next to my address on the side.

Can i assume that number, which is 4xxx, is my customer number?

Japan Exposures

Quote Originally Posted by robc
    you need to find a Japanese retailer who is willing to ship internationally and who speaks/reads english otherwise it is tricky.

Perhaps someone in Japan could advise of retailers in Japan who are willing to do that.
    Such a retailer probably does not exist, for the usual reasons we all know by now. I am selling Acros QL and loose sheets on my site, but I don't know the price you expect. I always thought Acros QL is available worldwide, but not the loose sheets.

Well I may have not have made that quite clear.
    Acros is available in the US and UK as far as Fuji Japan are concerned but they have a minimum order level taht the Fuji International companies must make. Fuji UK say there is not enough demand to make a minimum order so they won't order it from Japan.
    They got some when it was new out but it sold so slowly that they won't order again. Thats what I was told when I phoned them. if enough dealers put in big enough orders then they would order it. Thats not very probable.

Can I put in a mention for Paula at Linhof & Studio as a seller of UK LF. She is extremely knowledgeable, always very helpful, and her prices are fair. For film/papers though she only sells Bergger.

For film I have used Silverprint, who do stock quickloads although they are not in their catalogue, Retrophotographic, Teamwork and Robert White depending upon their pricing at the time. It is always worth checking them all as there is often an offer on at one or more of them.

Regards

David Whistance