Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fuji Quickload in New Zealand and Australia

Fuji Quickload in New Zealand and Australia

Can anyone tell me about the availability of Fuji Provia and Astia Quickload film in Australia and New Zealand?

I have checked the website www.vanbar.com.au that was mentioned in another thread. They list RDP 100 in Quickload. The price is $126 USD. This is double the cost in the US!

If I am planning to use 20-30 boxes of film, it will be cheaper to buy it in the US, and Fedex it to myself in Aus or NZ.

Re: Fuji Quickload in New Zealand and Australia

QuickLoads are not available in New Zealand.

In 11 trips to NZ, I have never seen them available. I gave up using them and ReadyLoads while there. Especially if you are shooting a lot, film holders and sheet film make more sense in terms of bulk to transport around. I have had 160 Portra go through 5 security scans on 1 trip without ill effect, so I have had no qualms about flying with the film as carryon.

Michael, that price is as good as you will get here in Australia. That's why many of us FedEx boxes of film in from Badger or B&H.

You are welcome to ship to me in Sydney if you don't have a destination address yet.
    Last edited by Leigh Perry; 28-Aug-2006 at 15:26.
    Leigh Perry
    www.leighperry.com

Quote Originally Posted by DavidFisk
    In 11 trips to NZ, I have never seen them available.
    I contacted a shop in Christchurch before my last trip, and was told they weren't available anywhere in NZ. Cut sheet is available though, or mail order from the US (many of my photographer friends in NZ do this).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Chmilar
    I have checked the website www.vanbar.com.au that was mentioned in another thread. They list RDP 100 in Quickload. The price is $126 USD. This is double the cost in the US!
    Hi Michael,

LOL - If you think the cost of "imported" film is costly... just wait till you buy an imported bottle of wine!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Thanks for the responses. The answers are pretty much what I expected to hear, ie. Auz and NZ locals order from overseas.

Are there any problems with customs when a film shipment arrives from bhphoto or badger?

Quote Originally Posted by Capocheny
    Hi Michael,

LOL - If you think the cost of "imported" film is costly... just wait till you buy an imported bottle of wine!

Cheers
    Actually, NZ and Oz wines are quite reasonable. I always take some on my shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidFisk
    Actually, NZ and Oz wines are quite reasonable. I always take some on my shoots.
    I'll be sure to stop by Brown Brothers when I'm in Australia in October and pickup a bottle or two.

Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I'll be sure to stop by Brown Brothers when I'm in Australia in October and pickup a bottle or two.
    Better to stop in on Chard Farm Winery near Queenstown in NZ. The scenery is awesome.