Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: BTZS vs Zone? Incident v

Re: BTZS vs Zone? Incident v

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings

I have also bought the BTZS kit a couple of times and never got around to doing anything with it, because I am so damn busy (I work 60-80 hours a week) and what I do now works. I currently have one of their kits I bought last year. maybe I will have time this winter. I can't promise anything.
    Kirk,

Given your current busy schedule let me suggest less obsessing on the Zone/BTZS thing here on this forum and just try out the kit. I doubt it will make you a better photographer, but at least you would be more informed and better positioned to counter Jorge's positions.

PS. You already have and use the BTZS tubes so there is some previous indicator of aptitude! The use of BTZS tubes is one component of what we know as BTZS.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 29-Aug-2006 at 17:56.

I for one feel that no reference should ever be made to a film developer, an exposure system or meter, a printing paper or sheet film, a lens or a camera as the "superior" choice because each of us has our own opinion as to what works for us. I for one have found that this personal vision can in fact change as a function of time.

I am thrilled about the passion that many share for the medium as evidenced by the numerous exchanges. That lets me know that there are many that want to hold on to LF photography and are genuinely concerned about participating in it for a long time. That is a VERY GOOD thing. Where I feel that we lose our bearings at times is embracing the diversity among us and respecting that others have chosen a different methodology in methods and/or materials to express themselves. Our mission is not to save the lost souls mired in what we might consider the ineffective or less than optimal. Our goal is to contribute our diverse experiences on a particular subject and promote LF to others that want to join us. The more sheet film that is sold, the better the chance that the materials we need will stick around.

Cheers!

These days I spend 40 hours+ a week in front of a computer processing stupid files for commercial clients. That is why my postings are up here, It gives me a break.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings
    These days I spend 40 hours+ a week in front of a computer processing stupid files for commercial clients. That is why my postings are up here, It gives me a break.
    You really ought to hire someone to do that for you!! That's crazy. Spend more time doing photography. You could train them to do inflammatory posts on the forum, too! (LOL - not that you DO - it would just be funny!)

JW,

My assistant, Jim Hunter, gave up on this forum along time ago because of the flame wars. I guess I could pay him to flame people though. He went off and started StockPhotographer.info and does that now in his "spare" time. Unfortunately I am a control freak and there is much that I cannot let go of.
    Last edited by Kirk Gittings; 29-Aug-2006 at 20:34.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"