Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where are the CLOUDS!!!

Re: Where are the CLOUDS!!!

We've got clouds in England, they're full of rain...........but we've got clouds!
    Pete.

i live in madrid and have noticed that clous formations and cloud patterns are changing as global warming kicks in, it is quite noticable in landscape too as large areas of the iberian peninsula are now qualified as desert, when before the rainfall levels would not allow that qualification.

the us does not freely speak about this massive problem which afects us all, but now, even the econimists are calling for action, so my friend, want you clouds back?, use your power, lobby your goverment:

http://environment.guardian.co.uk/cl...931542,00.html

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_de...ge/default.stm

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Watkins View Post
    We've got clouds in England, they're full of rain...........but we've got clouds!
    Pete.

Hi Pete,

We also have them here in Vancouver, BC in Canada... they're FULL of rain as well!

Hmmm... we must be related!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Right now there is a cloud hunkered down in the San Joaquin Valley in California----we call it fog Outside my window my guess is 100' visibility.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Confidently Agnostic!

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    Not really, no. Just tourists. Tourists everywhere. Large tourists, with shorts and loud t-shirts with wild prints, getting in your shots, standing there oblivious to you, holding their digital cameras to their faces for 10-20 minutes for each shot as they frame and re-frame and fumble with the shutter button then check the image and do it again
    Haha, yeah, unlike those large format photographers who pop in like lightning, snap off a shot or two, and disappear just as quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Camper View Post
    Now I use a laptop and accuweather radar in search of clouds. I go where the clouds are, not where the national parks are. If they come together, then it's even better. Less days wasted.
    A wise approach. Clouds are the 3rd dimension landscape. Once you see them no landscape is boring. Looking up is as important as looking around you. Weather photography is a blessing of life.

I am among those astounded by the food comment. Were you asking for hamburgers? I used to work in Rome. Because our head office was right on the Via Veneto I was eating in touristy places and even at the railroad station quite often. The only food that I regarded as somewhat sub-standard was at a place that catered to the American trade. Now, prices at the touristy places, that was a different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by walter23 View Post
    Haha, yeah, unlike those large format photographers who pop in like lightning, snap off a shot or two, and disappear just as quickly.
    Actually, in my case, this is an accurate description since I use a handheld 4x5 with a Grafmatic ...

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    Where are the CLOUDS!!!
    I found the clouds. They were situated between my camera and Comet McNaught this evening along Turnagain Arm, Southeast Alaska. Dang!

http://www.adn.com/news/environment/...-8444806c.html