Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: home made Puyo-Pulligny lens

Re: home made Puyo-Pulligny lens

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Fitzgerald
    Try http://www.surplusshed.com and search for B1016 and B1017. Might not be perfect but an easy and cheap start.

Good luck with it.
    Thank you Paul,
    I ordered three other lenses from Surplus Shed. The plano-concave of -100 mm FL and two plano-convex 100 and 101 mm FL. The 101 one is coated. They aslo should have the same diameter and mine do not have. I think I could just use a fixed stop in front of the front element, which is wider few mm. I also orderd an iris from them. The original design calls for 100 and -100 elements, I am not sure if 1mm makes a difference, I will try both combinations and probably it would be nice to have a coated lens.
    I think I will make some temp. housing for the lens made of PVC tubes, take few test images and if I like the results I will order nice, custom made metal helicoid barrel.

kind regards,

Jan

Hello Jan,
    I don't know very well how this forum works and I'm not a great english speaker but I'm very interested in old lenses since several years, specially on soft-focus lenses.
    I have an original Puyo lens ("Trousse Anachromatic et d'Atelier Cnt. Puyó") that I bought seven years ago in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I have some photographs taken with this lens. It's very difficult to use; has a lot of scales and marks. To understand something about this beautifull lens, I had to buy an interesting book: "Objectifs d'Artiste" by Leclerc De Pulligny and Constant E. Puyo.(french edition). I have seen three more Puyó lenses: one in Argentina, one in Spain and other in Deutschland.
    I have an other lens with a similar construction: "Dallmeyer Berheim Soft Focus" that I didn't use yet.
    Please, let me know if there is something that I can do to help you. I could send you pics of the lens in its box, or scans of the photograps that I taked with it...I don't know...let me know.
    Sorry for my bad english! I think worst than Sitting Bull english! Ja, ja, ja.......
    Kind regards.
    ...in Instagram as ATELIER PETZVAL.

Hi Anachromatic,

thank you very much for your post. I sent you priveate message but I wonder if you received it as the forum was down for some time. I am sending it again.

regards,

Jan

Near from Home un Var department (south of france) I discovered in antique dealer shop a huge format studio camera in pretty good conditions and as mounted lens a superb Puyo Pulligny very very nice. But the guy was not aware about what he was selling and asked a foolish price, so I left the shop.
    Next days I'll go back to see if the camera is again proposed, with the lens.

Dear Jean Calude,

please let me know what happened next. What kind of lens it was? A portrait one or landscape one?
    regards,
    Jan

I'm just coming back from the antique shop and they said that the 30cmx40 huge walnut studio camera, with the nice adjustable landscape lens mounted in front of a red bellow has been sold in june on ebay. The guy said that the camera was priced 5000$ ! happy and rich buyer!

Thank you very much for information. I am working on my "replica" now, will post few test images when I have some.

Jan

Hello Jan,
    Sorry for my delay post, but I was outside my home some days. I sent you 4 emails with a little explain and some images of my Trousse Anachromatique Puyo and the photographs that I made with it. Also I include an scan of the book by Pulligny and Puyo where you can see the two posibilities of the lens: Adjustable Landscape and Tele anachromatique(Portrait)and how this lens is building. Please, post some of this images for the forum people because I don't know how make it.(I'm a terrible digital ignorant!!!).
    As I promised in the emails, in october will be again at home, and I will send you more info and pics of the other adjustables lenses that I have: Dallmeyer Soft Focus Bergheim and "The Adjustable" of C.C.Allen(the first zoom in the history!!).
    Enjoy the pics and all the best with your project!!!
    Kind regards for alls.....

Anachromatique.

Hi Jan

Checkout ebay Item 250025018134 , another related lens and from the same seller as the original I mentioned in my post above, and guess what? I've been busy, so I will try and post some of the pics from the first auction on Monday (UK pm).

Regards

Sven

Wink Re: home made Puyo-Pulligny lens

Quote Originally Posted by anachromatic
    Hello Jan,
    I sent you 4 emails with a little explain and some images of my Trousse Anachromatique Puyo and the photographs that I made with it. Also I include an scan of the book by Pulligny and Puyo where you can see the two posibilities of the lens: Adjustable Landscape and Tele anachromatique(Portrait)and how this lens is building. Please, post some of this images for the forum people because I don't know how make it.(I'm a terrible digital ignorant!!!).
    .....Enjoy the pics and all the best with your project!!!
    Kind regards for alls.....

Anachromatique.
    It's only for to try........
    Best regards.

anachromatique.