Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The latest View Camera

Re: The latest View Camera

Ha, I may even buy one. Gotta reinforce goodness

I hate that they have decided to print many photos over a two page spread. That line in the middle really brings the presentation down. I'd rather see smaller prints on one page.

My 15-year-old son Evan made one of the bag pictures, and is credited. He's a happy boy. As for me, I want the bag.

Kudos to Ted for even having the idea of an article on alternative bag sources. Ingenious! I know how much work he put into it, and I think the results are really interesting food for thought. Thanks, friend Ted!
    Bruce Barlow
    author of "Finely Focused" and "Exercises in Photographic Composition"
    www.brucewbarlow.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Barlow
    Kudos to Ted for even having the idea of an article on alternative bag sources. Ingenious! I know how much work he put into it, and I think the results are really interesting food for thought. Thanks, friend Ted!
    The people responsible for the positive step in the right direction need to be complimented for their dedication and hard work. Eric, Ted and Kerry Great Job! It is nice to see that Steve is affording you all the literary latitude to do what you do well. The sum is equal to the dedication of its parts and I hope that these positive events are just the beginning of a new uptrend in quality and content.

5-10 years from now I sincerely hope that View Camera is tilll in business. I hope that succession planning discussions are taking place to insure that this will in fact be realized.

Cheers!

Emre, I agree! I've been reading VC for about 2 years, and the current issue is the best yet. I even liked all the images, something I can't always say.

Best of all is the inclusion of an honest technical article (Hallock) that even has me looking forward to the next issue. IMO there's no reason not to print new articles about stuff that may have been covered in past years; not everyone is going to opt to purchase a CD with reprints of past articles.

I suppose it comes down to balance. This issue has articles about equipment, technique, results and industry goings-on. It works for me.

Alan, I agree. Photography changes all the time; there's nothing wrong with printing new articles on stuff that has been covered before. The stuff that was covered before may have changed, or even developed into something better. I think VC should have more pictures in their featured artist section. Or they should just have a featured artist section with nothing but pictures (i.e. no technical talk).

Quote Originally Posted by Emre Yildirim
    Or they should just have a featured artist section with nothing but pictures (i.e. no technical talk).
    Emrie,

Although I'd also like to see the feature you mention included in the mag... I'd also like to see what equipment the shooter used. And, a "limited" amount of dialogue is always interesting and aids in the learning process for both the experienced and new LF camera user.

But, that's just my opinion!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!