Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The latest View Camera

Thumbs up The latest View Camera

I just wanted to say that I am very pleased with the latest issue of View Camera. The quality of the images are amazing; they are sharp, colorful and well placed. I actually read all the articles this time, because I liked the content so much. The articles on architectural photography and even the stuff on the bags was very relevant I thought.

The short article by Ted on the V700 was also very helpful, as I am currently a 4990 owner. Heck, I even liked the black and white images this time. Why can't all issues of View Camera be this DEAD ON in terms of content and image quality? I think this has been the first issue that I loved 100%, and even though I didn't think I would renew my subscription, I'm now having second thoughts. Really, you guys did a good job.

Re: The latest View Camera

I haven't seen the latest issue, but I am generally very pleased with the content and forgiving of the repro quality given the reasonable price.

I always find something of interest in every issue, and I often go back a few months to read articles that I passed over in the initial read and subsequently find something of value for my photography.

Over the years I have subscribed to many different magazines, and only have renewed a couple. Rarely do I ever find enough of interest in any mag to read it from cover to cover. I am not easy to please.

Eric Biggerstaff

Thanks Emre, as a contributor to the last issue I sincerely appreciate the comments.

Have a great day!
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I just received it in the mail today. I flipped through it and was quite pleased. Haven't had a chance to read thae articles... just looked at the pics. Pg. 49 captured my attention. Does that model really have 3 nipples or am I seeing things?

okay - now I'm definitely going to have to buy a copy this month....
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

I get a little annoyed by the typos from time to time. My editors don't let me get away with a fraction of a percent of what I see there. But I don't judge content on typos. View Camera isn't exactly funded the way Thomson/Delmar Learning is. And since I'm not as advanced a photographer as many of you, I find the content to be well worth the minor annoyance of a few typos here and there. I like the magazine and intend to renew my subscription. (Besides -- it's the only photography magazine to which I subscribe. If I let it go, all I'll have are you folks and your posts.)
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

I've been looking for the issue on news stands for over a week now, but don't see it out there yet. Hopefully it'll turn up soon...

Quote Originally Posted by tim atherton
    okay - now I'm definitely going to have to buy a copy this month....

For the most part I don't have a huge issue with View Camera magazine. The only other time I'm really disappointed with a magazine (other than errors in spelling etc, etc) is when images are so badly out of register that it's hard to understand how it could have gotten past the printers. I use to work at a major newspaper and we had to check each and every image for perfect registration before giving it our stamp of approval. Then, the edition was allowed to carry on. So, when I see magazines with out of register images... I know someone isn't doing their job.

Fortunately, this hasn't happened all that often with VC, only occasionally. Like Ron, I also find something useful from each and every magazine I read... VC is no different in this aspect.

I'm looking forward to sitting down with a great glass of full-bodied, red wine and reading through the latest edition!

Good going Steve!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Ok sold me, off to Barnes&Noble

Quote Originally Posted by PViapiano
    I've been looking for the issue on news stands for over a week now, but don't see it out there yet. Hopefully it'll turn up soon...
    VC showed up on Saturday at Barnes & Noble.

Bob