Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Most pathetic EBay purchase

Re: Most pathetic EBay purchase

Graphic to toyo lens board adaptor when I needed a Linhoff/Wista to Toyo.

I think that I paid $2.99 plus shipping for this GREAT item was pathetic to the seller. It was brand new with warranty:

As per eBay ad ...

RETAILS UP TO $ 50.00
    STARTING BID $ 2.99
    Product Code: 3880

Attractive Two In One Craftsman Belt Clip With Tape Measuring Mens Watch...!!!
    Active Watch Presented In The Brushed And Polished Silver Tone Case...
    Magnificent Sunray Silver Tone Dial With Highly Visible Luminous Hands And Hour Markers...
    Black Index For More Acquired Timing...
    Durable Silver Tone Clip With A Black Strap Cloth..!!!
    Easy And Handy Screw Off Measuring Tape On Case Back!!!

Attachment 383

Comes in handy since my Ebony does not have a metric scale. I now leave the measuring tape and pocket watch out of my tool bag when going on road trips.
    Last edited by darr; 23-Jul-2006 at 19:06.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

my own aren't so entertaining ... but my best friend once won an auction for a spool of antique string.

he also did an ebay search for "useless" just to see what would happen. several items came up. he ended up bidding on one of them ... i forget what it was.

I won't mention my purchases but will tell you about what someone purchased off of me just last year that still blows my mind! I was selling my entire darkroom outfit and one item was a Zone VI plexi print flattener. I said it was like new and sold at calumet for--can't remember exactly but it was around $35-$40. Some guy bought it for $220!!! What was more amazing was he outbid another guy that bid $200!! I didn't expect him to pay and wouldn't have blamed him at all---he paid the next day!!! I felt "sort" of bad and really wanted to ask what the deal was but decided not to;-)

This was the dumbest purchase I have ever witnessed!!!

Photo Dilettante Donald Brewster's Avatar

Unhappy Re: Most pathetic EBay purchase

Several bad 6x9 folders. Live and learn.

a "LF Camera" pencil sharpener... ;-)
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

A new, really cheap loose spirit level. It was so cheap, it wasn't even 'level'. But it had nice bright colors.
    Last edited by medform-norm; 25-Jul-2006 at 09:13.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus
    ...a "polonium" antistatic brush - that was expired (polonium expires, apparently)
    Well you're sorta right about the polonium, depending on which isotope we're talking about. With a half-life of 138.39 days, most of what's in an old sample of Po210 will be lead.

Before I admitted that I wanted a halfway decent digital camera, I once bid on a cheapo on EBay on the theory that I could use it to take pictures of items I wanted to sell there myself. Wrong. What a POS that was. I stuck it in a geocache so I wouldn't have to admit I threw it away.

HP Combiplan. I got one from Adorama, after some time I wanted something better do I sold Combiplan for half a price and got Jobo Drum. Then I wanted to use WD2D developer so I got another Combiplan, now on e-bay for the almost new price - and it is leaking (((((((
    My wife loves it
    regards,

Jan

A $25 microscope attachment for my DSLR so that I could take some pictures of malaria-laden blood smears. It would have worked just as well if I'd stuck my lens directly on the microscope eyepiece.