Hi everyone I'm curious about the 135 mm phenomena.

This is not another one of these questions as to which lens if you only had one choice. I am however curious as to why this lens continues to be mentioned as a possible first choice for landscapes other than the 110 mm lens. Which by the way I cannot afford. I am however trying to narrow my 4 x 5 kit down to 1 or at the most 2 lenses for landscapes. I have a bad back; 3 years ago I had an operation on my back with not a whole lot of relief. However I refuse to give up the use of my view cameras. My 2 favorite formats are 4 x 5 and 5 x 7. The 4x 5 seems to be winning out these days because of the lighter weight. I am using a 4 x 5 tackle our and an assortment of lenses.
The 90 mm F/8 and 135 mm lenses have mainly been used for 6 x 12 format.
I also have a 150 mm and 180 mm Nikon 210 mm Rodenstock Geronar I've been using off and on in the full 4 x 5 mode. I can't seem to make up my mind which one of these I like the most.
210 mm Rodenstock symar- N and A 300 mm Nikon M have been used strictly for my 5 x 7

I've read almost every post I can find about the 1 to 2 lens outfits. The 135 mm lens keeps popping up in a lot of post as the lens of choice other than the 110mm.
On one hand folks say that the 135 lenses don't have much coverage, on their hand everybody recommends it for landscapes it seems as though that this lens is used by others as more of a general purpose lens as well. My questions are -

What is it about the 135 mm lens that gets everyone so excited?
What do you and don't you like about this lens?
Does it work well for you with close focus work?
Why you think this lens is so great as a 1-lens outfit for 4 x 5 landscapes?

So to all of you 135 mm lens users out I would appreciated if you would be so kind as to talk to me about what and why this lens is so great over other lenses such as the 150, 180, or 210 for 4 x 5 landscapes

Richard