Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ontario L.F. get-together Saturday July 15th

Ontario L.F. get-together Saturday July 15th

Is anyone interested in going out as a group to photograph an old auto wrecking yard? It is an older wrecking yard with many cars from the 40's, 50's and on. There is also a river with an old mill dam and a small steel bridge with wooden planking. This invitation goes out to large format photographers. But those who use the lesser formats would be welcome as well if they have an interest in stepping up.

The wrecking yard is located approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes east of Toronto. If people want to drive straight there, I will email a map. Any one wishing to gather together as a group could meet me at Warden Subway station “kiss and ride” at 8:00am and I will lead you all there. I have two spaces available in my truck for anyone without a car or just wanting to share the cost of gas. If anyone needs a ride or has space in their vehicle, please email me and I will attempt to coordinate rides and riders.

There is only a small variety store in the nearby town so it would be advisable to bring a lunch and something to drink. Wear sturdy shoes and clothes that you can get dirty or torn. This is an operating wrecking yard so please be advised that there are some hazards on site. The operator or I will not be held responsible for any injuries. I have brought groups here in the past without incident, but figured it's best to state this beforehand to protect all involved.

Michael

Re: Ontario L.F. get-together Saturday July 15th

That would be fantastic. I would love to come if I am available for that weekend. I'd also like to capture space in your truck if you don't mind. I think that the car will be occupied that day... It will be interesting to see who else does large format around TO.

Cheers
    Last edited by snuck; 31-May-2006 at 15:44. Reason: cleaning up

Hi Snuck

You are in for a place in my truck. See you then.

Michael

Michael,

A couple of us are interested - could you please email a map to me? Thanks!

grumpy & miserable Joseph O'Neil's Avatar

"me too" as the saying goes. Not sure if I can make, it but Iwould like to try. Please e-mail me a map

joe
    eta gosha maaba, aaniish gaa zhiwebiziyin ?

Senior for sure

Sounds like Orono or Hampton - If I can find the time, might try - let me know when and where...

I will be emailing the directions to every one early next week. Please make sure you have your email address in your profile or PM it to me.

Michael

Sorry for not emailing the directions as I promised. I want to confirm with the owner that he will be there next Saturday and have been unable to contact him by phone. I would hate to lead every one there to find a "Gone Fishing" sign on the door. Because of this I will be going out to the wrecking yard this afternoon to try and speak with the owner. When I've got an answer, I'll post here and mail out the directions.

Michael

Hi every one. I just got back from talking to the owner of the yard, he's OK with us going there this coming Saturday. I just sent out the directions to the wrecking yard to all who asked for them. If I missed any one please let me know.

Michael
    Last edited by Michael Dowdall; 8-Jul-2006 at 14:01.

How many people will be meeting up at Warden Subway station? Wouldn't want to leave any one behind. I will be driving a white Ford pickup truck with a cap on the back.

Michael