Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Your Real Name (and Date of Birth reminder)

hermit

Re: Your Real Name (and Date of Birth reminder)

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker
    Of course. The potential problem is that the identity of the person behind the accound is a little fuzzy. Send us a list of all of the e-mail and IP addresses you've used in the past, and we'll be sure not to delete the wrong hermit. That's once you've actually requested deletion, of course.
    Well, last time the key words were 'we'll do our best'. I'm simply waiting to make sure you can do this correctly. I don't want to be 'orphaned' from posts that I have no ability to answer. I can provide email addresses, but IP addresses would be impossible. I currently work from a fixed IP, but that has not always been the case.

Quote Originally Posted by hermit
    . . . I'm simply waiting to make sure you can do this correctly.
    no comment

hermit

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Barker
    That's once you've actually requested deletion, of course.
    Check the 'inbox'.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Save The Hermit!

I've become rather fond of you, Hermit. Can't you just make up a name and birth date and then we can all move on. Heck... I'll even loan you mine! I hope you aren't planning on leaving.

Old School Wayne

I think the whole thing is silly and unnecessary. I will either leave or make up a last name, like Sparrowhawk. I have already provided a fake birth date, though the year is correct. Or is it? Silly, silly, silly.

Wayne Sparrowhawk

hermit

Re: Save The Hermit!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw
    I've become rather fond of you, Hermit. Can't you just make up a name and birth date and then we can all move on. Heck... I'll even loan you mine! I hope you aren't planning on leaving.
    Thanks, but this is a done deal. The mods have agreed to start wiping out my existence on this list.

In Europe, unlike the USA, we have data protection legislation that protects us from our private details being shared with others without our permission. There are 'safe harbour' agreements that U.S. organisations can enter into to provide the same level of protection. Is that being offered?

I agree with Wayne. It's silly. Is it a consequence of post 9/11 mentality? If it can be known just to the moderators what is it good for? Sparrowhawk counting? Ok, just birdwatch.

Mark, we have a published privacy policy not to share private data with third parites. See the FAQ for that.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blackman
    In Europe, unlike the USA, we have data protection legislation that protects us from our private details being shared with others without our permission. There are 'safe harbour' agreements that U.S. organisations can enter into to provide the same level of protection. Is that being offered?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Westbrook
    Mark, we have a published privacy policy not to share private data with third parites. See the FAQ for that.
    Then I'll trust you to keep to that. Update done.