Thread: Hello From NorCal

Hello From NorCal

I've been a lurker for quite a while here. And I've toyed with moving into LF since I was still shooting MF film back in 90s. But last month, I finally made the plunge. I bought a Chamonix 45F-2, and a few lenses from the *bay and dealers based on recommendations here and a number of other sites, and all the other doo-dads this corner the avocation requires. The advice here has been invaluable, proven more than once when I chose not to follow it. Anyway, I recently received the scans back from my first outing in Yosemite with a few holders full of HP5+. This scene is looking out into the valley from a segment of Cascade Falls beneath the 120 overpass. It's not exactly how I envisioned it, and I definitely have much to learn in terms of technique. But I am encouraged, and I sure did have fun. So, thank you to everyone here for being so generous with your time and knowledge.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]248432[/ATTACH

P.S. The cost curve on film? Um, wow. I already have darkroom supplies and a copy stand for cam-scanning ordered. Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6552104-FrameShop_JPEG Quality 100_YosemiteLucidum.jpg  

Eric Woodbury

Re: Hello From NorCal

Welcome. You're photo education shows. Nice.

-e-

Welcome to the forum and that is a spectacular shot! Sometimes we only need one shot for a trip and I am glad to hear you enjoyed Yosemite.

Welcome! Great photo!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China