Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it Possible To Print a Color Transparency on Pictorico Film?

multiplex

Re: Is it Possible To Print a Color Transparency on Pictorico Film?

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Dunn View Post
    John,

Many alt process photographers have switched to Fixxons for their internegatives. Every side by side testing I have seen has almost no difference between the two. It is less expansive than Pictorico.

-Joshua
    thanks for the info Joshua !
    I have never heard of fixxons. I've been making enlarged / digital negatives with pictorico and for fun cheep, with staples brand OHC film ... sounds like fixxons might foot the bill
    ---
    mike
    I've never heard of red river ..
    I'll have to check that out too ..
    it's a good thing my space and $$ is limited, or I'd be in really big trouble .. too much fun !
    John

Re: Is it Possible To Print a Color Transparency on Pictorico Film?

I would like to mention that I have visited Mike in his studio near Chapel Hill, NC and had an opportunity to see his large silver gelatin prints made with enlarged negatives printed on Red River glossy paper. Image quality was outstanding, as was visual sharpness and contrast, and the prints had no visible grain. And bear in mind that Mike was an expert analog printer so I also had the opportunity to compare his silver gelatin pants made with totally analog methods to those made with digital negatives, and in terms of image quality to my eye both methods produced prints of outstanding image quality, and I really could not say that one method was better than the other. So if you read the paper on his web site on how he did this work bear in mind that they are the writings of a master printer, with analog and digital methodology.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 29-Mar-2024 at 06:53.
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon