Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Way to clean Ground glass.

Re: Best Way to clean Ground glass.

Which of the three glasses lines up with the film when you insert the film holder?

Thank You to everyone that replied to my questions about the best way to clean ground glass.

I ended up using a small bucket and Dawn dish soap. I used a new microfiber cloth to gently brush the soap on and then rinsed in running water.
    I placed each glass on a glass plate drying rack and let them air dry for 24 hours.

I replaced the glass with the grid on it, back in the camera, however as I was in the middle of placing the Fresnel glass I was interrupted with a small family emergency.

When I returned to my task I couldn't remember the orientation of the Fresnel glass. I am embarrassed to admit this but getting old presents it's own problems, focus and concentration are just a two of them.

So now my question is, how do I determine if I have the fresnel glass in the correct orientation.

Thanks for your help.

Gary
    "People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - H. Jackson Brown

Quote Originally Posted by maltfalc View Post
    got this one perfectly spotless using tap water, a few drops of cheap dish detergent and a thrift store ultrasonic cleaner, then folding a paper towel around it and patting it dry.
    Attachment 248246
    How simple things can be, and still be good!

Quote Originally Posted by gary892 View Post
    Thank You to everyone that replied to my questions about the best way to clean ground glass.

I ended up using a small bucket and Dawn dish soap. I used a new microfiber cloth to gently brush the soap on and then rinsed in running water.
    I placed each glass on a glass plate drying rack and let them air dry for 24 hours.

I replaced the glass with the grid on it, back in the camera, however as I was in the middle of placing the Fresnel glass I was interrupted with a small family emergency.

When I returned to my task I couldn't remember the orientation of the Fresnel glass. I am embarrassed to admit this but getting old presents it's own problems, focus and concentration are just a two of them.

So now my question is, how do I determine if I have the fresnel glass in the correct orientation.

Thanks for your help.

Gary
    if i'm picturing this right, the actual ground glass is closest to the lens with the fresnel behind it and plain protective glass behind the fresnel, so installing the fresnel either way won't throw off your focus. try both and see which way you prefer when using a focussing loupe.