Thread: Plaubel Suprocomar 100mm F2.9 Compur Shutter

Plaubel Suprocomar 100mm F2.9 Compur Shutter

Plaubel Suprocomar 100mm F2.9 by Nokton48, on Flickr

This is coming to me from the Ukraine. The Plaubel 100mm Supracomar F3.9 in Compur shutter. Plan to use it on my Plaubel Peco Juniors. Is anybody here familiar with this lens, I have several Anticomars and like them. Is this off of an olde Plaubel Folding camera??
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 23-Mar-2024 at 05:16.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Re: Plaubel Suprocomar 100mm F2.9 Compur Shutter

Daniel, it looks like it marked as f/3.9
    Interesting find.
    Plaubel lenses are poorly documented.
    They were in barrel lens production in early days, Plaubel Frankfurt Anastigmat 200/7.7 on my hands (double gauss), I never saw another one.

Vaidotas,

Yes an interesting find, first one I have ever seen. Agree Plaubels are poorly documented. This lens will get some use no doubt. Sure hope it has a cable release socket LOL. Yep it's an F3.9 My Bad LOL. The very common 100mm Anticomars are F2.9. I have one on my Makina II, and a later one for my Makina IIIR. I also have a 100mm F4.2 Makina Anticomar, it is sharp as a razor. And a 150mm F4.2 Anticomar too. Plaubel stuff is fun to collect; It is like searching for buried treasure
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 24-Mar-2024 at 09:36.

― Mark Twain

Also, it is named Supracomar rather than Suprocomar. Searching for that name turns up more information but not much. The Vademecum has two mentions: a “scarce and desired” f2.0 45mm on Makinettes: “It seems to be a 6g/4c Gauss”, and an f2.5 80mm for Makiflex from the mid 1950s, with no details on construction.

Piplkan,

Thanks for your contribution. Yes Double My Bad it's "Supracomar" 100mm F3.9 . I've found an internet picture of this same lens and shutter, looks like will take a cable release! I plan to mount it on a 3D printed Peco Junior board (from Italy). Should be good on my Peco Juniors, and I can do camera movements, which can't be done with my Strut Camera Makinas. Should cover 6.5x9 nicely (we will see). I can side-by-side test against my PJ 100mm Xenar, and my PJ 100mm Symmar. All very cute and tiny on these little Plaubel boards. Spring is coming!

Interesting that they made an 80mm Supracomar for the Makiflex. I believe the 1950's Makiflex protypes were 6x6, they wanted to compete with Hasselblad maybe? I think I remember seeing a photo long ago of a smaller Makiflex (my favorite cameras as you can see from my avatar).

Plaubel Anticomar 150mm F4.2 Makina Hood Makina Filters by Nokton48, on Flickr

Here's my 150mm f4.2 Anticomar ready to go. Happily it takes filters and hoods from the Makinas! This lens is on the cover of the Peco Junior catalog

Short and Long Peco Juniors 150 F9 and 58mm F5.6 by Nokton48, on Flickr

65mm F6.8 Schneider Angulon Compur on Peco Junior by Nokton48, on Flickr

I just found a yellow filter and hood to fit this lens! Happy Happy
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 24-Mar-2024 at 09:37.

― Mark Twain

Looking forward to seeing some of the results!

Found this:

Translation:
    The Supracomar was only manufactured in a few copies (test series) to convert the 3-lens Anticomar (1:4.2 - 1936/37) to the 4-lens Tessar type, especially for color suitability (1929/30). Only very few Makinas were equipped with the Supracomar. This was followed by the Anticomar 1:2.9 with 4 lenses
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 24-Mar-2024 at 09:40.

― Mark Twain

100mm F3.9 Supracomar Plaubel Peco Junior Sawed Off Baggy Bellows by Nokton48, on Flickr

The 100mm F3.9 Plaubel Supracomar arrived from the Ukraine. The lens glass is clean and unmarked, the shutter is good and right on. It's got a patina but I like that Shown on my "Sawed-Off" Plaubel Peco Junior, with Peco Bag Bellows and Makina Style Back, with wonderful swiveling rear. I can see the entire screen with clarity and brightness. Love it. The Supracomar is focused at about three meters, so close-up. Leica-like quality from Peco Jr adds to my enjoyment. The view is very sharp, contrasty (not flary like the Anticomars), with a "plastic" like rendition really pleasing. I think the lens was calculated to cover 9x12cm, so I am only using the sweet smaller center of the optic. FANTASTIC rendition, love it. This will get some good use if spring ever gets here. Small enough to be used handheld, and I do have a digital back for this camera. Hmmm

― Mark Twain