Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebony Camera Bellows Support: Description or pictures requested

Ebony Camera Bellows Support: Description or pictures requested

I am looking for a few pictures or a description of the Ebony bellows support. Some of the larger Ebony cameras came with an adjustable bellows support device. I have seen pictures of these on wholeplate and 8x10 cameras, it looks like a piece of ~1-2mm wire (titanium presumably) with threads and locking knobs.

You can see one in this sale from eight years ago: https://www.largeformatphotography.i...ead.php?135241, in the second picture.

My camera is missing this piece. I would like to recreate it but am unclear how it works or what the knobs actually do. Pictures and/or detailed description would help! Thank you.

Re: Ebony Camera Bellows Support: Description or pictures requested

I would GUESS that the ends of the rod fit into holes in the center of the small circular disks mounted on the inner wooden rails beneath the bellows. The dark grey knobs are simply handles that you grab onto while you install/remove the u-shaped rod. The knobs appear to be just screwed onto a stud that is permanently attached to the u-shaped rod.

It looks to me as if the u shaped fixture is a hollow tube with the two “stands” that sit in the two metal receptacles or holes in the front standard rails about two thirds of the way back. The two knurled knobs on either side would tighten on the internal rods to set the height. Very interesting. I have a copy of an Ebony catalog, but I have not seen that accessory.

Zebra

I have one for the Ebony 20 x 24. Do you need to see a picture of it in relation to the camera or just the piece itself?

I would be interested in seeing a picture of the part.

Thanks Monty, pictures of the item (what do those knobs do?) and in camera would be very helpful...

Zebra

Will get a pic of both tonight once the slog of corporate servitude comes to a close! Hope you are well Jason!

Zebra

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5361.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	247729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5362.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	247730Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5363.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	247731

Here are some closeups of the support. I tried to show on the left that the pieces at the bottom are extendable (that’s why in the picture they are not the same length) to raise the bellows up or down to desired length. I’ve taken the extender piece out in the second photo. The extreme close up shows the small opening where I am missing the very small screws that would tighten the extended pieces into the desired length. Sorry I don’t have the small screws currently. I seem to lose them regularly. The bigger rounded piece is for screwing into the camera. Photos of that to follow in subsequent post.

Zebra

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5371.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	247732Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5367.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	247733Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5370.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	247734Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5369.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	247735

Here are some pictures of the camera and how it receives the support. It screws into the titanium base and then fits into the groove of the appropriate bellows slot based on how it all lines up obviously. I didn’t extend the bellows out but for the purposes here it should be fine. I left it all out though so if you would like an additional photo or two it’s not a problem just let me know here with a specific idea of what you would like a visual on. Admittedly I’m finding out here I’m not a gifted product photographer. Let me know if I can assist any further.

Monty

Zebra

Conrad if you want any more pictures that obviously applies to you as well!