Thread: The Bromoil Workshop

The Bromoil Workshop

Do you want to try something very different in alternative photography? If you are in the UK or plan on visiting in May, consider the 3-day Bromoil workshop some of us are putting on together there. You will have the chance to meet and talk with very experienced bromoil photographers and learn all about 3 different bromoil methods - conventional bromoils on commercial photographic paper, completely handmade bromoils using hand applied photographic emulsion (the Emil Schildt method), and the Rawlins Oil process. This is not just a "watch us do it" workshop. You will get to make bromoil photos yourself on already prepared prints and experience the hand done inking process. The workshop is offered at a great price (only $450 for three days) and we expect a great time for all attendees. Go over to the "Facebook Bromoil and Oil" forum to see more for yourself. There is a link to sign up for the workshop there or just talk with Austin Welch (one of our leaders on the forum) about it. Even if you don't want to make the workshop, feel free to join the facebook group and learn all about the different approach to making bromoils yourself.

Re: The Bromoil Workshop

Dan this sounds very appealing, except I wont be able to get to the UK.

I've had to learn everything bromoil myself, including making my own transfer press. I guess as consolation I can join the facebook group.

Depending on how this workshop goes, we might have one here in the US at some time as well.

multiplex

Dan and TorontoBuilder

Gene Laughter is smiling down at you !
    Sadly I won't be near where the workshops will be held, I've always wanted to try Bromoils and OilPrints...

Best of luck with the workshops -
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dozer View Post
    Depending on how this workshop goes, we might have one here in the US at some time as well.
    That would be great. I have your book, but so far have not tried this process.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by Ron McElroy View Post
    That would be great. I have your book, but so far have not tried this process.

Hi Ron - thanks for getting my book. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Also, for all book purchasers, I do frequent complementary updates about the process and new bromoil projects I'm working on. Send me an Email (my email address is in the back of the book) and I'll add you to the update list.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Dozer View Post
    Hi Ron - thanks for getting my book. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Also, for all book purchasers, I do frequent complementary updates about the process and new bromoil projects I'm working on. Send me an Email (my email address is in the back of the book) and I'll add you to the update list.

Dan
    Will do Dan.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis