Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8x10 Colour sheet film

8x10 Colour sheet film

Hi!
    I need some help and hoped someone in this community could assist!

I'm am working on a project that requires me to use a blank and processed piece of colour 8x10 sheet film in the darkroom.
    I'm in Australia and its not worth me purchasing an entire box and getting it processed in a different state to where I am located. Is there anyone out there who can spare a sheet, abd would there be a chance of having it processed locally (all costs covered by me) and posted to Aus?!

Yes a random request, but for the sake of art!

Many thanks,
    RF

Re: 8x10 Colour sheet film

Why does it need to be color? Could you just use a sheet of fixed out X-ray film?

Lachlan 717

Or 4x5”?
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Drew Wiley

And what kind of color film? An unexposed but developed sheet of color neg film will come out overall orange, while in the case of chrome film it will come out clear (but so will ordinary black and white film).

I'm sure someone will help you out -- hopefully someone near you. Depending on where you are (Australia is a big place, No?) you can probably find a photographer who can spare a sheet. Contact a photo shop in the nearest city.

But you'll need specify what type of color filmi -- slide or negative -- and whether you want the film exposed or not. If you want it exposed, you have to specify how -- and of what. A blue sky?

Details, details.....

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    And what kind of color film? An unexposed but developed sheet of color neg film will come out overall orange, while in the case of chrome film it will come out clear (but so will ordinary black and white film).
    Unexposed developed reversal film will be Dmax black.

I've heard unexposed E-6 film can be used as a Infrared filter? Or is it UV filter? In any case there must be better ways to filter UV/Infrared light these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Yes, I know it will be orange, that is what I am after. Not exposed, just processed.

I only know of a handful of labs in the country that processes 8x10 sheet - a lot of analogue processes got lost here.
    Not exposed, just processed a single 8x10 colour negative!

I'm sure someone will step up to the plate, but you might want to contact one or two of the labs in Australia to see if they process 8x10". I'm sure they have had stranger requests.