Last summer I purchased a Korona 11X14 camera bones missing a few key components for a great price (Minus a back, bellows and the front extension rail.) I have nearly finished the camera with the exception of the front extension rails. I am pretty handy with wood and woodworking tools so it is the geared rails that are attached to the wood extension rails that I need ideas for. I looked at other extension rails for sale but like the film holders and backs there is no standardization among the various manufactures nor within the various camera models of different sizes. One would think that a manufacture would standardize on one size and pitch for racks and pinions.

I have looked at McMaster/Carr and various manufactured racks and pinions available on ebay but have not found a suitable replacement of a similar size and at a reasonable price. I would like to hear how anyone else has solved the extension rail replacement issue or how you have created a new method to move the front standard backwards and forwards for focusing. Thanks, appreciate your ideas.

Robert