Thread: Large amount of Sinar camera and Broncolor flash equipment to dispose of in Scotland

Large amount of Sinar camera and Broncolor flash equipment to dispose of in Scotland

Hi everyone. I have the sad task of disposing of large format and studio flash equipment on behalf of the widow of an old friend from his former studio in Glasgow, Scotland. I have sold most of the smaller equipment on eBay but I am unsure about selling large old Broncolor flash equipment and large 10x8 and 7x5 in. Sinar camera equipment other than by local inspection and pick up. I am having the flash gear checked by an electronic engineer but I am concerned about elelectrical safety of vintage capacitors in equipment that is to be delivered to another part of the UK ( I will not offer anything for sale outwith the UK ). What would the normal arrangements be in a long distance transaction to avoid any problems. I am regularly using studio flash that is 45 years old but I couldn't guarantee all flashes would last that long so is it a calculated risk that the buyer is taking? I have just joined the forum so I will not be trying to sell any equipment here for at least 30 days.

Re: Large amount of Sinar camera and Broncolor flash equipment to dispose of in Scotl

If its well photographed and described I see no reason to sell it with viewing in person. Most of the gear exchanges hands here this way. I'd be interested in the Broncolor once you decide what to do with it/price is right etc. There is a severe lack of powerful well priced flashes on the UK market for LF. Would the engineer be able to PAT test as well?

Else if you are not comfortable doing so its probably best to have it recycled as you will be probably be waiting a while if you keep it local

Regards