Thread: How to create a replenisher?

How to create a replenisher?

Hello,
    I'd like to use an replenisher for W665 instead of lengthen the dev times after some rolles.
    But I don't know how to start to create an replenisher. I assume that the working solution of WD665 could be a starting point ...
    Any recommendations?

Re: How to create a replenisher?

youd have to contact the manufacture over in europe, fotohious in germany i believe.

The question i really have to ask is, why are you using a film developer designed and intended to be used with films made before 1940... with modern films.. Even if you found a lost stash of pre 1940 film, the film degredation from age and storage would counter act any minimal gains this developer could have given back when it was developed.

Huub

I am not familiar with that specific developer, but i would look at the developing times in stock and in replenishment and calculate the difference. Assuming stock developer becomes a replenished developer after about 15 films, devide the difference between the two times in 3 or 4 steps and work from there. So for example when stock development time for a given film at a given temperature is 8 minutes and the time for replenished time is 14 minutes, develop the first 5 films at stock time, the second 5 films at 10 minutes and the third set at 12 minutes. Of course you need to replenish your developer with the necessary amount after each developing cycle.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by olk View Post
    Hello,
    I'd like to use an replenisher for W665 instead of lengthen the dev times after some rolles.
    But I don't know how to start to create an replenisher. I assume that the working solution of WD665 could be a starting point ...
    Any recommendations?
    if its an old developer you might look for a copy of the Photo Lab Index they might have the information you are looking for. Jerry Katz did all the chemistry work. older version are sold on eBay often for not too much money.
    here's a free online version from the 1970s ... the older ones came in a binder.
    https://archive.org/details/aa143-Ph...CompactEdition.

it might be as simple as extracting 1oz of developer for every sheet / roll processed and replacing it with the same amount of stock developer. TmaxRS, Harveys 777, ansco130, sumatranol130 (and 72 ), Sprint ( and others ) are like that .. the manufacturer of WD665 might not want it done because of problems with bromide drag and other issues .