Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Filter Systems: trying to standardize

Re: Filter Systems: trying to standardize

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi7475 View Post
    On the B&H site someone asked if the Sensei adapters are compatible with the LEE system and the response was”no”. See here for example: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1119082-REG
    Ha! I should have read more carefully. I didn't know that Sensei makes its own filter holder, which it calls a "100mm universal holder". Sneaky marketing, for people like me who aren't paying attention
    Arca-Swiss 8x10/4x5 | Mamiya 6x7 | Leica 35mm | Blackmagic Ultra HD Video
    Sound Devices audio recorder, Schoeps & DPA mikes
    Mac Studio/Eizo with Capture One, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    Why do you neglect to mention...

Why did you quote...
    Why do your posts sound increasingly aggressive? Why do you sound like a Lee salesman on commission? I like the Lee filter system too, but it's probably possible to get a little too religious about it eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian David View Post
    Why do you sound like a Lee salesman on commission? I like the Lee filter system too, but it's probably possible to get a little too religious about it eh?
    What?

I've talked about Lee because it's the holder system that I'm familiar with. I made a point of saying in my first post "I'd suggest that you also have a look at competing products by Formatt Hitech and NiSi". There's also Freewell, which has a fairly new system called K2. Bob referred to Benro. I have no idea why nobody is discussing any of these companies, but it certainly isn't my fault. Is there a system they make that you can talk about? Is there anything you can add about Lee or Smallrig? Are there any statements of fact that I made that you'd like to point out are wrong? Do you have anything substantive to add to the discussion?

This is the full content of a message that I sent to the original poster a few hours ago:

There are options that aren't being discussed in this thread but should be. Check out NiSi, Benro, Formatt Hitech and Freewell. They've all started offering systems in the last few years.

If you're interested in the matte box route, you could also check out Tiltall.

There's also the option of going with screw-in filters, standardising around a specific size. Myself, I use Lee but I'm also standardised on 82mm screw-in filters. I haven't said anything about that because you don't appear to be interested in screw-in filters.

Is there a system they make that you can talk about? Is there anything you can add about Lee or Smallrig? Are there any statements of fact that I made that you'd like to point out are wrong? Do you have anything substantive to add to the discussion?
    I have always found darr to be very generous and genuine with her help and advice on this forum. Your nit-picking of her posts sounded unnecessarily aggressive and unpleasant. You're kind of still coming across that way, to be honest...
    But I should watch my tone too... apologies.
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Ian David View Post
    I have always found darr to be very generous and genuine with her help and advice on this forum. Your nit-picking of her posts sounded unnecessarily aggressive and unpleasant. You're kind of still coming across that way, to be honest...
    But I should watch my tone too... apologies.
    Ian
    The problem isn't your tone, it's attacking someone with insinuations that are not only false, but 180° removed from reality.

OK, this whole thread has turned into an argument, and that wasn’t my intent. I asked a simple question and it turned into a lot of zealous advocacy for one product or another. I don’t need a matte box and I don’t need a hood. I asked a simple question about filter sizes. I’m moving on; if you want to keep arguing have at it.

one filter or holder size, step rings for each different sized lens to fit the single size holder or filter.

problem solved!

Thanks. I ordered a 58mm wide angle adapter ring from him four days ago, December 24th. He's acknowledged the order and I'm one state over. I should receive the adapter in the next few days. If I don't, I guess there's a problem. He hasn't announced that he's closing. Anyway, if I have to buy from B&H, and given the higher cost of Lee's wide angle adapters over standard, it will be US$68 instead of $25

Did you receive your order? I'm still waiting on my order since November...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi7475 View Post
    Just note that the filter dude is kind of out of business… I say kind of because he has some residual inventory on the website (very little) which he still used to ship; but as of late I still have an unfulfilled order from November… so buy at your own risk…
    This morning, Filter Dude sent me an e-mail saying that my December 24th order has shipped via USPS. The e-mail doesn't contain an explanation for the delay. I guess he just wasn't able to operate for awhile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Filter Dude.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	246268
    Last edited by r.e.; 5-Feb-2024 at 13:46.

This morning, Filter Dude sent me an e-mail saying that my December 24th order has shipped via USPS. The e-mail doesn't contain an explanation for the delay. I guess he just wasn't able to operate for awhile.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Filter Dude.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	246268
    My Filter Dude 58mm wide angle adapter arrived this morning. Looks fine. No idea what the reason was for the delay. Hopefully, Kiwi will receive his soon.