Thread: Hello from China

Talking Hello from China

Hello everyone, I am a college student. I love photography and I have used many cameras. In a few days, it will be my 21st birthday, so I bought this camera as a gift for myself. I don’t know much about large-format photography, and I hope to communicate and learn with you here. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 微信图片_20231224003428.jpg  

Re: Hello from China

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryOno View Post
    Hello everyone, I am a college student. I love photography and I have used many cameras. In a few days, it will be my 21st birthday, so I bought this camera as a gift for myself. I don’t know much about large-format photography, and I hope to communicate and learn with you here. Thank you.
    Welcome to the forum! I hope we can provide you with any assistance you need as you learn to work with your new camera.

Paul

welcome to the forum. There are lots of good reference materials and articles and instructions and advice in the main section.

Here's a link to it. https://www.largeformatphotography.info/

Drew Wiley

My older brother used a Linhof Technika like that, and began using it in college too. You've picked an excellent camera, and I hope we hear more from you!

Welcome! Starting out with the "Rolls Royce" of view cameras, eh? Not bad. It should last you a lifetime.
    An apparent majority of those in your age range these days who have chosen film photography as a serious pursuit, say how much they like the way it makes them slow down and think about the images they make, and that not having the distraction of constantly checking the latest image on the camera's screen allows them to concentrate on the creative process. I'd be interested in your take on that.

This is the place to be for large format info, challenges, issues that arise in the process of learning it. Looking forward to your contributions.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryOno View Post
    Welcome to the forum. This is a great place with exceptional people sharing their experience. Good to hear from you!