Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I would like some advice on what type of camera I should buy for a long photo trip?

Re: I would like some advice on what type of camera I should buy for a long photo tri

Check out Todd Korol's October video on the Chamonix 810V. Korol is a highly experienced professional photographer, and I think that his judgment can be trusted. Maybe contact him to talk about your plan. He's done a lot of traveling:

Arca-Swiss 8x10/4x5 | Mamiya 6x7 | Leica 35mm | Blackmagic Ultra HD Video
    Sound Devices audio recorder, Schoeps & DPA mikes
    Mac Studio/Eizo with Capture One, Final Cut, DaVinci Resolve, Logic

Re: I would like some advice on what type of camera I should buy for a long photo tri

The Gebilini economy camera , Which sells for about $1.300 is 8 lbs and I just saw one on Freestyle. That would be a great choice. And Is new. Aluminum and printed plastic parts.

Scott Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Andy F View Post
    Hi Scott,

It looks like you spend a lot of time shooting in Mexico. Have you ever used a community darkroom down there? It would be interesting to find one. I do like the idea of developing the film before I come home. How much chemicals do you bring down. Is traveling with chemistry ever an issue?
    Hi Andy-

I have not used a community darkroom down there- I've just brought my film back and forth and developed it at home (I've not had any problems with getting my sheet film or roll film hand-inspected at the Mexico City airport). I have some friends down there who have darkrooms I could use if I wanted to process film before I fly. I know of one facility, The George Eastman School (http://georgeeastman.com.mx/instalaciones/) that has darkroom space that I believe you can rent.

Hi Scott,

Thank you so much for the information it was helpful.

-Andrew

Scott Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Andy F View Post
    Hi Scott,

Thank you so much for the information it was helpful.

-Andrew
    I'll be going back at the end of June. I'll do some more looking around and see if I can find other spaces that are available.