Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Today I threw away all my outdated film !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I threw away all my outdated film !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have over 100 rolls of expired 120 and a few boxes of 4x5 and 8x10 film. I just do not want to shoot the outdated film. I tried to use it but I just could not make myself do it. It became outdated because I have been suffering from two heart attacks ( Open heart Surgery included ) and cancer during the last 8 years. I don't want to relive that time by shooting the outdated film. I am tossing it. Its G O N E !! I am relieved. ! The burden and reminder of my health challenges is gone. I have many many rolls and sheets of new film I will enjoy them.

Maybe you think this is selfish? YES IT IS! It is for my Mental Health. Like giving away my old clothes and then buying new fashions to celebrate the present an the hope of the future.

Renewal is usually in the spring But I will not have another cold snowy winter with that burden in my Fridge

John Olsen

Re: Today I threw away all my outdated film !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! Celebrate surviving by starting with fresh film. Old film in the fridge just is an impediment to creating new images, if not wasting your valuable time is important.

not

impressed
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Torontoamateur View Post
    I have over 100 rolls of expired 120 and a few boxes of 4x5 and 8x10 film. I just do not want to shoot the outdated film. I tried to use it but I just could not make myself do it. It became outdated because I have been suffering from two heart attacks ( Open heart Surgery included ) and cancer during the last 8 years. I don't want to relive that time by shooting the outdated film. I am tossing it. Its G O N E !! I am relieved. ! The burden and reminder of my health challenges is gone. I have many many rolls and sheets of new film I will enjoy them.

Maybe you think this is selfish? YES IT IS! It is for my Mental Health. Like giving away my old clothes and then buying new fashions to celebrate the present an the hope of the future.

Renewal is usually in the spring But I will not have another cold snowy winter with that burden in my Fridge
    Good for you, Today is he first day of the rest of your life.

I have been using fresh film ever since one could buy film via the internet.

Today is the last day of your life thus far.

multiplex

could have sold it and made a killing, or just given it away. my old mentor passed away 25 years ago and the guy she mentored before me inherited all of her stuff, he tossed out probably 50 100sheet boxes of tri x 5x7 sheets the same amount or more 5x7 > 20x24 fiber based paper and her 14" wollensak and kodak portrait lenses . hard to believe a photographer doing that, but .. he did ..
    glad to read you are using fresh film!

Wasteful.
    Someone could have made good use of those materials.

Honestly, if you have posted it to buy-sell here...

Everyone do whatever makes things more enjoyable, tolerable, whatever. It’s not this guy’s responsibility to sell, ship or etc. expired film.