Thread: Linhof 4x5 left hand grip and grip mount

jfe

Linhof 4x5 left hand grip and grip mount

Hi, I am new to the Forum, so if I am posting this question in the wrong place, please let me know.

Anyone know a source for this grip, and in particular, the grip mount that attaches to the camera?

(I plan on mounting to my Pacemaker Speed Graphic/178mm Aero Ektar combo...)

Many thanks, Joe

Re: Linhof 4x5 left hand grip and grip mount

I was going to say Ebay but I'm noticing about all of them listed seem to have the Grip and no mount. I have a 2x3 Crown Graphic that came with both and I do find the Linhof Grip very nice to use, although one of the shoulder bolts needs to be replaced in the grip itself. I have not found a source for those bolts yet..

https://www.linhofstudio.com/product...aster-Technika

Linhof Studio UK (link above) sells the new style... as well as other grip spare parts...

The camera bracket and grip hardware changed in 1972 from the older rounded edge looking style to the new square edged style... unfortunately they are not compatible so a pre 1972 grip will not fit the new style hardware and vice versa...

Quote Originally Posted by jfedwards View Post
    Hi, I am new to the Forum, so if I am posting this question in the wrong place, please let me know.

Anyone know a source for this grip, and in particular, the grip mount that attaches to the camera?

Many thanks, Joe

Call Austin Calhoon at LAFLEX in La Jolla CA, he should have these available and if you'd like or prefer it probably would not be a bad idea to send your camera to him so he can install the grip and look your camera over otherwise to reco and repairs and CLA that might be needed. He's excellent on anything Linhof.
    ... JMOwens (Mt. Pleasant, Wisc. USA)

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." ...Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by jfedwards View Post

Many thanks, Joe
    I sent you an email.

Kumar

jfe

Outstanding! Thank you very much for the lead. This looks like a great resource. Joe

jfe

Of course...LAFlex. I've actually talked to Austin in the past and should have thought about giving him a call. Thanks, Joe