Thread: Burning Man Update

Tin Can

Re: Burning Man Update

Semi-annoying delivery.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

Yes, she's a tiny bit annoying.. call it character development.... But she gets to visit some neat places nobody else really does.. As a photographer, I like the idea she practices about being super fascinated about everything within a day's drive of your home base. We don't need to travel the world to find endless interesting things/stories to photograph and explore.

I think she did a great job!

and very good service in showing how

the 'wasteland' works for indigenous humans

i will never return
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    Yes, she's a tiny bit annoying.. call it character development.... But she gets to visit some neat places nobody else really does.. As a photographer, I like the idea she practices about being super fascinated about everything within a day's drive of your home base. We don't need to travel the world to find endless interesting things/stories to photograph and explore.
    True...although it is good (and as she would say, very first-worldy) to get out of the USA and experience cultures other than one's own...as much as one is capable of. At 21, as a hairy culturally ignorant white guy, I was tossed deep into the Maori culture for a few days...wish I had been able to draw more out of the experience.

The hand-held selfie style delivery, while easy and convenient for the YouTuber, is a lazy way of presentation which gets on my nerves. A personal thing...YMMD.
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China